I dropped my cell phone in some water :S

by Elsewhere 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm afraid I killed my cell phone.

I flushed it out with some distilled water hoping that the mud-puddle water would be cleared out and right now I have it in the refrigerator trying to dry it out. (Frost-free refrigerators are great for dehydrating things)

I really liked that phone too.

• Scully
    Scully

((( Elsewhere )))

I need a new one too. Mine is about 7 years old. It doesn't hold a charge for more than 2 hours. The jog dial is messed up. It sucks.

Wanna go shopping with me??

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

mud, water and then refridgerator...hmm oh ya buddy you'll be just fine.

ROFLMAO

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

this is why you should buy those warranty things that replace your phone if you do something stooopid like drop them in mud puddles!

(said by a woman whos nephew dropped her cordless phone in the toilet.. )

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Wow Scully you beat me mine is almost 5 years old !!!

It still have found my Son to stole it (or I really don't know where it is !!!) ... I don't even miss it !!! (hope there no message since last day ... LOL)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn! My last phone was about three or four years old... but Seven! Wow!

It may be time to upgrade.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

There was a time where nobody was talking in the street ... and all of the sudden ... Almost everybody does ... phone bubgets probably get twice or more bigger (it's good though that people feel the need to talk that much to each other)

• glitter
    glitter

Take it out of the bloody fridge!

Lay out some kitchen paper or a towel and carefully take the phone *completely* to pieces: Cover, screen, rubber button thing, battery, sim, big microchip, speaker etc, and leave overnight. My sister's came apart and went back together really easily.

My sister dropped her phone onto concrete into a puddle and I managed to get it to work once it was dry. About 4 months later the battery kept coming loose and Nokia refunded even though it had to go to the factory to be examined, they didn't say anything about it having been taken to pieces.

If it's old, it's worth a shot as you'll probably have to buy another anyway.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

awwww, Else! Hope you had replacement insurance. I've got Cingular and they replaced mine when it fell out of my pocket and landed in the dewy yard and stayed there overnight...heh

Frannie

• blondie
    blondie

At least it wasn't the toilet bowl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit