Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-10-04 WT Study Abbreviated

by blondie 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Corporation lists health hazards as a justification to ban use of tobacco for it's unpaid workers, but I have never heard of anybody dying after their first and only use of tobacco. I am aware of more than a few who have died from using alcohol one time. In my opinion, the use of alcohol is much more dangerous to the health of the user and to the public than is the use of tobacco.

Where's that Watch Tower apologist that does the hit and run posting here?

Alcohol, a gift from God, or a dangerous poison? Which is it? If alcohol is a gift from God, how can tobacco not be? Or heroin? GaryB

• blondie
    blondie

Rutherford wrote many times that prohibition was the invention of Satan. I'm not much on overdrinking either having grown up in an alcohlic household. I'm sure Rutherford felt that alcohol was a gift from God.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

ROFLMAO

• blondie
    blondie

Funny but true, HG. And he strings his comments about prohibition any place he can in his books whether it pertains to the topic at hand or not. I get the definite feeling that he was feeling the pinch even if he had it "imported" from Canada.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Nice job blondie!

What a loathesome little article this is.

Insipid, stupid, and dangerous. If you value sanity, don't actually attend the WT study.

Paul strongly condemned those who tried to force fellow believers to submit to the Mosaic Law as a condition for obtaining salvation.

Ah yes. Paul.

Problem is that Paul himself clouded the issue with over reasoning on the matter. Here is the straight stuff: if it is wrong, it is wrong. If not, you may not condemn someone for it as IT IS NOT WRONG. To go through the offend/not offend thing just continues the agony.

The WT just can't bring themselves to say, "TRUTH" changed radically and left many behind because they would not do the mental work necessary.

And Paul made matters worse by caving in to the elders in Jerusalem in Acts 21. He was pressured to go to purification rites at the temple for many days so that the jewish converts would be prevented from thinking that Paul advocated abandoning the Law, which of course he did!! Why can't the WT just admit that Paul made a mistake, clouded the issue and confused the believers? Would that shake anyone's faith? Or just help them to realize how confusing it was while the change was taking place. Paul was only human, after all, and he was afraid for his life. Why not just say that? Why put everyone through the impossible task of making what Paul said and what he actually did agree with each other?? HE SCREWED UP; so what, everyone does.

Sigh. In the WT world, of course, all things in the Bible MUST agree; all writers are "human" but we cannot think that what they might have written is mistaken; that would force us to THINK for ourselves, and that of course, would be fatal to the executives in Brooklyn.

Good to be back; I have been very busy at work and home.

Thanks again Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit