How would you respond to this?

by Black Man 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

How would you respond to this? There is dialogue going on on a hip-hop website after a buddy of mine raised some issues about JW's. They're tag-teaming him over there now at.......

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=360217&forum=general2

How long ago did this fool do this "'sour grapes' I spent all my life pioneering and at Bethel and didn't go to college and now I can't have a phat house and a Range Rover sittin' on 24" spinners like all the rappers on 'Cribs'...boo-hoo-hoo, woe is me" post? I was busy today at my well-paying job that I am not prepared to do or functional enough to perform because I spent all my time out in service pioneering and selling books for the "glorified publishing company" from the time I was 17 through 24.(Note the sarcasm in my voice...ROFL!!!)

I'm not even gonna argue with this fool today...but I will say this right quick before I go to the gym to get my workout on:
    I look back at my my work history and a BANG of the monetary success I've had I ATTRIBUTE to the organization, and my parents of course who taught me the value of education, good sound business sense, and hard work.

Due to my Theocratic training, I have been able to advance IN THE REAL WORLD WORKPLACE. Like I said yesterday, I haven't made less than $50K since I was 22 years old. I'll give you a quick example...in Dec of '98 I went to work in the sales department of an advertising firm here in Dallas. (As a matter of fact, on my resume', I DID PUT my 2 weeks of Pioneer School and the times I went to Kingdom Ministry School under "Education", AS WELL as the fact that I was the Theocratic Ministry School Overseer at the time) After my 2nd interview, after they saw my business acumen and how well I could articulate, I was given a management position over sales team of 5 people...all of which had been there at least 1-2 YEARS, and all of which had bachelor's degrees.(Yeah, they were MAD too) I was thoroughly shocked at how these sales "professionals" were so "mediocre" when it came to making speaking publicly and making presentations in front of people.(which I had been doing since I was 5 years old) Inside of 2 months, I had restructured the manner in which weekly sales meetings were conducted,(I modeled them after meetings for field service...no more than 15 minutes, kept the tone positive, we briefly discussed pertinent topics, discussed the goals for the week, and I sent them on their way) and for the next 5 months my team's sales increased by at least 15-20% every month. Inside of 7 months, I was promoted to the #2 man in the Dallas/Ft. Worth office. My performance was good enough that the company's National V.P. of Sales had me reporting directly to HIM everyday instead of through my immediate boss.(Whenever he was in town, he came to the Hall with me, too) In December of '99 I went to Ft. Lauderdale for my first National Sales Meeting. I got an award for running the division with the 2nd most sales volume in the U.S...out of offices in N.Y., Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia, Boston, Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte, St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Diego and of course Dallas/Ft. Worth. The ONLY office that beat my office was the home office in Ft. Lauderdale. They then had ME rewrite the training curriculum for ALL NEW SALES PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY. That's right, ME. The YOUNGEST sales manager in the company, the ONLY Black sales manager, and the ONLY one WITHOUT A DEGREE. To make a long story short, in 4 more months, I had MY BOSS' job, who was 25 years older, had spent 4 years in the Navy, AND had a bachelor's degree in Marketing from the University of Arkansas, so guess what? I was running the ENTIRE D/FW OFFICE!!! In charge of sales, training, inventory control, hiring, the monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets...the whole 9 yards. The organization hasn't held me back from A THING...it hasn't done ANYTHING BUT sharpen my skills. I can name 20-25 cats I grew up with RIGHT NOW who spent years in full-time service,(in some cases are STILL in full time service) who are EXECS in major corporations, or are very successful entrepreneurs. Man, I used to get at least 1 job offer per week from the clients I was servicing...because the organization TEACHES you how to DEAL with PEOPLE.

I don't know what his problem is, I don't know if he is just LAZY, if he thinks Jehovah is supposed to just hand him a bunch of money because he was at Bethel, I don't know if he doesn't have any business sense, doesn't have any self-confidence, don't know if he doesn't know how to dress right, present himself, handle money right, or what...but I do know this, HE IS on some self-pity, "I don't have as much money as I want", "I feel inadequate 'cause I don't have a degree", boo-hoo-hoo, I'm so broke" type stuff. Man, he needs get some FAITH, MAN UP, GET OFF HIS BEHIND, AND USE THE SKILLS HE HAS ATTAINED. He NEEDS to quit being a low self-esteem having COWARD, and get to WORK. Matthew 6:33, I'm SURE he remembers that...

It's under the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM under the topic: MY ISSUES WITH JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES..............

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=360217&forum=general2

I was in a spat at work yesterday my own self and now i see this.................

• Black Man
    Black Man

UP............

• shotgun
    shotgun

I don't think you can reason with a guy that has eye problems..I did this and I did that. I created sliced bread and then I wrote a book on it.

Tell him to go piss up a rope!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I just checked out the site. Looks to me like sites my son used to visit when he was in his 12 year old "pimpin' phase". Bunch of children with nothing constructive to do in their lives wasting their time with s*** talk and make believe.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Black Man

It appears to me from what he wrote there that the org taught him very well how to be an insensitive, aggressive, back-stabbing, ass-kissing workaholic. And I'm sure that does come in very handy for many jobs. I actually feel kind of sorry for him. I wonder if he has time for a girlfriend, and he seems to me like a prime candidate for an early heart attack.

lol early heart attack it's probably some kid.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It sounds like BS to me. I could make up a bunch unsubstantiated stuff about how wonderful and successful I am too. It might be true though..

I will say this: I think that being a dub benefited me in some of the same ways that he listed. Like in the cases of public speaking and salesmanship..

What he is saying there is not beyond the realm of possibility except perhaps the part about 20-25 of his JW close childhood peers being execs in major corporations - that is clearly a lie in my opinion. I do work in the financial sector and I am at the executive level. I also deal daily with many other executives both in my company and outside of my company. On a yearly basis I probably interact face to face with no less than 200 Chairmans and/or C.E.O.s; most of which lead publicly traded companies. Most are if not all are too gentlemanly and outwardly humble (at least publicly) to talk down to others in the manner that this individual does in part of his post. If he is who he says he is with his attitude and arrogance he will surely have his butt handed to him by the big boys in business sooner or later.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

HG-

What he is saying there is not beyond the realm of possibility

I wasn't trying to imply that you cannot be raised a JW and not have financial or monetary success. I hope to have both of those when I FINALLY graduate from college . I just think this guy was tooting his own horn a little too loud.. and I tend not to trust people who do this so blatantly. Of course I could be wrong, it's happened once before .

Well I think you have good instincts here SP....and BTW, I wish you much success with college. You are very lucky...once in a while I still miss my college days.....really enjoyable times. What a routine too: Wake up, work out, eat, get smart, eat, get smarter, homework, party, sleep, repeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit