??the flood of noah's day....evolution?? can you take the bible literally

by red so deep 13 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Touché, Princess! lol

Obviously that's not what I meant though... :)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Watson:
    And yet you answered the very question asked with this:

In reality, evolution *has* been observed in both the lab and the real world.

Would you like to support that assertion with examples?

(I should just state for the record that I have no difficulty with the idea of evolution being evident.)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Can we take evolution literally?

: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes

: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are we not accepting the teaching, the preaching, of anothers opinion?

IP: AEZt6xtqpIl6lpva

Who's to say thay we're not seeing it with our own eyes? What about the building of the island of Hawaii by the lava flows of Kilauea? Mt St. Helens lava dome is bulging on one side because of magma pressure.

These are blink of an eye events in geologic time. The adaptation of plant and animal over generations to develop and adapt to their changing surroundings... surivival of the current fittests creature. What about the ebb and flow of plant life, depending on the growing conditions, cross polination, and so on? These are all "evolutionary" events that happen over time, over generations.

No, there is no "missing link" alive today for humans, but then we are new arrivals in the last ?00,000 years. Because of better food and health care, we are a taller, stouter people than populations 200-300 years ago.

The Neanderthal did exist. And co-existed for a time during early human existance. DNA evidence sez that they are different enought that crossbreeding couldnt take place, even to produce a non-reproducing hybrid. Current "theory" is that Neanderthals have an older diversonary trail on the tree of life than humans. That they were not pre-humans. A species with an evolutionary end; extinctions? Or one of Jehovah's "oops, well that one didn't work well"?

Aides is ravaging Africa. Yet there is a group of women, prostitutes, thay appear to be immune carriers. Their bodies have "evolved" defenses to keep them from developing the disease. Which makes sense because Aides "and Ebola" developed deep in the jungles of Africa.

My analygy of the creational Big Bang is: a person takes the appropriate ingredients, in the appropriate amounts. Treats them appropriately. Puts them in the oven and, low and behold science happens, gasses expand, proteins connect to contain the gasses, and you have a loaf of bread. If not removed in time, you have a loaf of carbon. If the same ingredients were treated in a different manner, with different quantities, voila! you have cake. But in both cases, time and happenstance take place. It doesn't happen immediately.

I belive god (He, She, It, They) started this whole process and set the universe on its course with intent, and that the big bang and evolution are a part of this process, that this process process is continuing.

Hugs

B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Theism, the Bible and Evolution can all quite happily coexist, if you're content not to be a rabid Fundamentalist...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit