Abortion

by jolly_green_giant 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

just wondering everyones opinion?

• Princess
    Princess

Leaving the Borg didn't change my views on this issue. I could never take the life of my child, inside or outside the womb.

Princess

• claudia
    claudia

Im with princess.

• TR
    TR

I'm with Claudia and Princess. Well, in theory...I mean, if I was a woman, I mean, well, you know what I mean.

TR

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
    form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson*

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

didn't we already do this once? Jan and I certainly have been all over the issue. Let's let it rest for a while. Then again, by commenting, I guess I am bringing it back to the top. Put me down as oppossed to abortion then.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• logical
    logical

Abortion = pre meditated MURDER

• Kent
    Kent

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'm still forming my thoughts about this (still extracting myself from Borgish thinking).

However, I believe it's a lesser "evil" if the woman was raped, or if the life of the woman is definitely at peril if the pregnancy goes through, or if the child will be seriously malformed.

It's not for us to judge anyone who makes the decision to have an abortion. Although I agree life is sacred, we cannot know what it is like to be in someone else's shoes. If someone I knew had an abortion, I would try to be understanding, as it must be a very hard decision to have to make.

That's my 2 cents....

• JanH
    JanH

This topic was handled pretty well, and reasonably civilized, in Harmony's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7799&site=3

I suggest those who want to make an informed opinion also read the accompanying article that Harmony linked to.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit