Who are the Holy Ones? The 2nd Coming of Christ

by Brownboy 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    I believe He'll then 'put it into their hearts' to determine 'religion' to be the biggest problem of peace and security on earth.

Where did I hear that before?

• Preston
    Preston
    42 months = 42 years (1917-1959)

Brownboy, I read your post and I have a few questions. I never understood where in the Bible, it is stated that the time frame of prophecies was based on a rule of one day for one year, or one month or one year, enlighten me if you will. Furthermore, according to your research the prophecy had its start in 1917, but are you sure 1917 is the initial date of any sort of written agreement between nations that focused on a puttng into effect the prinicples of Zionism. Even then, it was the mandate of 1922 that the League of Nations initiated that favored the establishment for the Jewish people of a homeland in Palestine. As for 1959? Hmmm, wouldn't 1964 figure as a more prominent date since that was the year the PLO was established.

You see, I've always been skeptical of prophecies that are based around certain dates that don't fugure as prominently as others on the stream of time. Its like when the society stated that the trumpets in the book of revalation had their basis on certain events that never figured prominently in the history books (who cares what happened at a convention in Cedar Point, Ohio and who says it represents a heavenly event?). I mostly approach this from the historical angle so bear with me.

I also tend to be mucho skeptical of the christian angle of prophecy as it applies to Israel, mostly because of the politics that are intertwined. Frankly, there are politicians in washington that deem "Bible prophecy" to be the indicator that Israel can swipe as much terriotry as possible and kill as many paestinians as she sees fit. Is this the convictions of loving God?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Thank you, brownboy; you just reminded me again of why such chronological extrapolations are eschatological scatology.

Please translate this post, as you see fit.

• Flash
    Flash
    Where did I hear that before?

LOL, I can't imagine where.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Nice little essay, Brownboy . . .

You and everyone else playing the numerology game keeps forgetting God's word when you are trying to figure out God's Word:

"Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36)

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36)

. . . and if nobody is suppose to know, I highly doubt God would have left us obscure numerical and/or chronological clues to rack our brains over . . . see what I'm saying? A day to God is a thousand years, etc.. And where in the Bible does it say that God even wants or expects us to spend time over trying to figure out a timetable he clearly does not want anyone to have knowledge of . . . ?

Corvin

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Here I am. I am the Messiah. Don't follow me. Just send money. And women. And Jaegermeister. I left my water to wine spell back at Hogwarts.

CZAR

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

first it's 42 months = 42 years then it's 42 months = 42 months doesn't make sense get a grip it's not true

the big event that happened in 59 was some construction worker forming a secret group? come on please!

and what happened in 2001? it's an important date why?

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    first it's 42 months = 42 years then it's 42 months = 42 months doesn't make sense get a grip it's not true

the big event that happened in 59 was some construction worker forming a secret group? come on please!

and what happened in 2001? it's an important date why?

All time periods in the bible are given in riddle, or parable, so to speak. In order to equate time periods with bible prophecy, events in history have to coincide. 1917 is similar to the word to go forth to rebuild Jerusalem. 1959 was the beginning of terrorist mindset and activities between the Jews and Palestinians. ["they have authority over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every sort of plague as often as they wish."] 2001 marked the beginning of the wild beast (United States) and the attack on the holy ones. [" And when they have finished their witnessing, the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss will make war with them and conquer them and kill them."] Revelation 11:1 Revelation 11:11 I feel that these scriptures are relevant to events soon to take place. November 1st and the 11th just might mark the beginning of the ten kings, and the wild beast attack on the Great Harlot............please be aware and keep on the lookout. Edited to add: I am aware that no one knows the day nor the hour. I have March 11th, 2005 as a critical point. Notice the two dates of November 2nd, and October 10th. This does not coincide with the exact date of March 11th, so it can occur any time. I can assure you that Mount Saint Helens is a sign of things to come. "The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give it's light" Brownboy

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    I agree with you entirely. My personal belief is that Jehovah's next move will be to transfer the leadership of the War On Terror from the USA to the UN. I believe He'll then 'put it into their hearts' to determine 'religion' to be the biggest problem of peace and security on earth.

Flash,

It is obvious that the world is on the brink of something great to occur. After hearing the rain and awesome thunder that awoke me one night, it reminded me of the great power of God. It even caused fear in me. It is difficult to know exactly how things will occur, but those that stay awake in anticipation of the events have a better understanding, and know when they are occurring. I have a feeling that the two candidates for President will focus on "Peace and Security" in their attempt to win the vote. This might be enough to fulfill the prophecy, and commence the destruction of Babylon. I feel that it is the political nation of Israel, but I have to weigh out the evidence so that I will always be prepared. The time has grown short, it is imperative that we all approach Jehovah in prayer on a regular basis............

Brownboy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit