What a funny man. I'll miss him!

Arts & Culture

Comedian Rodney Dangerfield Dies
    VOA News
    06 Oct 2004, 01:55 UTC

AP
    Rodney Dangerfield
    1983 file photo

American comedian Rodney Dangerfield, who rose to fame on his trademark line "I don't get no respect," died in a Los Angeles hospital Tuesday at the age of 82.

Mr. Dangerfield had been suffering from complications after undergoing heart valve replacement surgery in August.

Born Jacob Cohen in 1921, Mr. Dangerfield began his comedy career under the name Jack Roy, but did not get his first big break until well into his 40s, after he changed his name. He made dozens of appearances on TV shows such as The Tonight Show and The Ed Sullivan Show.

Mr. Dangerfield became a movie star in such films as Caddyshack and Back to School.

He leaves behind a wife and two children from a previous marriage.

• gumby
    gumby

Another legend gone, .....who's gonna fill their shoes?

Gumby

A

Some Rodney jokes...."

I told the cab driver to take me where I could get some action and he pulled up in front of my house"!

"My wife and I decided we would only have a cigarette after sex,...I've got 12 left in my pack and she's been through two cartons"!

"My daughter was voted 'most likely to concieve' in her class".

Gumby

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

He's probably tipping back a few with Sam Kinneson right now.

Rest in peace, Rodney.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I went to the doctors the other day,

he said "I have some good news and some bad news".

I said "doctor just give me the good news"

Doctor, "There going to name a disease after you"

Rest in peace Rodney

Will

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

The Rodney Dangerfield line that I remember the most (for some reason) went something along the lines of:

"I don't get no respect. Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door the other day. When I opened the door, they looked at me and said, 'Sorry, we're not interested.'"

Country

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My favorite -

"I went to a proctologist and he stuck his finger in my mouth"

RIP

• simplesally
    simplesally

Too bad, I liked him and all his lines!

• wednesday
    wednesday

will miss him he was a fav of mine

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"I tell ya this guy was so big, he was caught making love to the Lincoln Tunnel."

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

A sampling of comedian Rodney Dangerfield's one-liners:

"I tell ya I get no respect from anyone. I bought a cemetery plot. The guy said, 'There goes the neighbourhood!' "

"When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother."

"When I started in show business, I played one club that was so far out, my act was reviewed in Field and Stream."

"Every time I get in an elevator, the operator says the same thing to me: 'Basement?' "

"When my parents got divorced, there was a custody fight over me. ... and no one showed up."

"I never got girls when I was a kid. One girl told me, 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. There was nobody home."

"When I was three years old, my parents got a dog. I was jealous of the dog, so they got rid of me."

"When we got married, the first thing my wife did was put everything under both names -- hers and her mother's."

"With my wife, I don't get no respect. The other night there was a knock on the front door. My wife told me to hide in the closet."

"With my wife, I get no respect. I fell asleep with a cigarette in my hand. She lit it."

You can't replace that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit