Job Description for a G.B. member?

by link 12 Replies latest jw friends

• link
    link

Having explained to my "ever loving" how you do not need money to live like a millionaire, I get told that nobody in the world works as hard as the members of the Governing Body. Their schedule of writing tasks, world travel and giving talks at Conventions and Assemblies is exhausting because it is never ending. They never have time to draw breath before their next assignment and their busy schedules would kill many people half their age.

Is this correct? If not, exactly what do they do? What would the Job Description be like for the average GB member?

link

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

exhausting because it is never ending
    Is this correct?

well first of '"who" said that (LOL ... ) ... JW's followers (MORE LOL)

If not, exactly what do they do? What would the Job Description be like for the average GB member?

Job didn't say he was a part of the governing body (what is this term coming from - governing body - kind of presomptious isn't it ? hat do you think ?) ... Or tell me where ? (did he even told about for instance preaching door to door ?) and even if he did ? so WHAT (more than some I know who did too much already for the WTBS ?)

Oh well ...

and :

exhausting because it is never ending

Everything is somehow ...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    Job Description for a G.B. member?

Wake up have nurse remove and clean bed pan.

Have pulse taken,,then be spoon feed.

Have nurse turn them over to avoid bed sores.

8 PM go to sleep.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As I remember, Ray Franz did not make it sound too arduous.

• Mary
    Mary
    I get told that nobody in the world works as hard as the members of the Governing Body.

Well this is PARTLY true. It should read: "..nobody in the world works as hard as the members of the Governing Body do, screwing up people's lives." I don't think anyone here would argue with that!

Their schedule of writing tasks, world travel and giving talks at Conventions and Assemblies is exhausting because it is never ending.

Oh pu-lease. Try comparing this "schedule" with what an average Dub does and there's no comparison. The average Dub's schedule is:

6:00am - get up, get ready and go leave for work by 7:15am at the latest depending on how far you comute to work

8:20 - 5:00pm - work

6:00pm arrive home from work, eat supper. If it's a meeting night, you get to eat, shower, change and leave for the meeting by 7:00pm

7:00pm - 9:30pm - Meeting

10:00pm - arrive home and go to bed.

This schedule doesn't even include the wife's schedule of all of the above, plus they have to find time to pay the bills, spend SOME time with the kids, grocery shop, do laundry, do housekeeping, prepare breakfasts, lunches and suppers..............the Governing Body are on Easy Street. Their meals are all made for them, their apartments are cleaned for them, their laundry is done for them, they don't have to commute to work, they don't have any family responsibilities, they don't have to worry about rent or mortgage payments, or heat, hydro or phone bills, they've all got fancy new cars that they don't have to pay for...........

They never have time to draw breath before their next assignment and their busy schedules would kill many people half their age.

and even if the GB's schedule WAS exhausting----who gives a damn? They're the ones who make up all the ridiculous schedules for ASSemblies; these are the guys that insist on 5 meetings a week all the time, so why on earth would anyone give a crap if they're tired?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I think it would be a very difficult job for a normal person to invent so many lies and keep covering them up.

But then, the governing body isn't made up of normal people, is it?

Walter

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Here's the funny thing. Ask a Witness, What do you know about the GB? I mean, really, actually know? Here are the things that rank and file know for sure:

• Names and photos are available in the Proclaimers book.
    • Organization Behind the Name video shows a mock meeting picking out a cover for the Awake!

How about something substantive? How do they work? What happens in their meetings? Do they vote on issues? Are all decisions reached by consensus? Do they all weigh equally on decisions? Do they all vote on all the issues? Witnesses know absolutely nothing about the way they are directed! Nothing!

My dad recently talked to his brother (a fervent Witness) during a family hospital affair, and he brought up some points from Crisis of Conscience. Of course, my uncle dismissed the accounts as fiction, but my dad replied, "My accounts come from an eyewitness. What do you base your opinions on?"

SNG

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

It's fairly obvious to me that the Pope does far more than the 12 members of the Governing Body of the JWs and he is very old so this nonsense about their schedules being so busy it would kill men half their age sounds like more JW wild stories and crazy propoganda.

You know I have met some exaggeraters in my life but the JWs, as a group, are without a doubt the largest BSers I have ever met. I have met so many JWs who can flip a lie at the drop of a dime and not even flinch over the moral aspect of it for one second. It seems that they will say whatever is necessary to give strength or credibility to their claims or to protect their cult. I apologize if I have offended some of you who are ex JWs but this has been my experience.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

No offense Happy Guy. You're just telling like it is. My mom is the most by the book Watchtower JW you would ever meet. And she can lie with the best of them. Never even flinches.

why on earth would anyone give a crap if they're tired?

My thoughts exctly!! ROTF!! Good Question!!

Yeah! Send them on a nice long vacation in the Bermuda Triangle!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

in Mary's post.... she forgot to add,

6:00am - get up, get ready and go leave for work by 7:15am at the latest depending on how far you comute to work (read text)

8:20 - 5:00pm - work (FIND ways to" informal witness")

6:00pm arrive home from work, eat supper. If it's a meeting night, you get to eat, shower, change and leave for the meeting by 7:00pm

7:00pm - 9:30pm - Meeting (take a nap during brother borings talk)

10:00pm - arrive home and go to bed. (study preperation, personal study, personal bible reading, study with kids,)

This schedule doesn't even include the wife's schedule of all of the above, plus they have to find time to pay the bills, spend SOME time with the kids, grocery shop, do laundry, do housekeeping, prepare breakfasts, lunches and suppers.

dont forget adding at least 10 hours of service a month in there somewhere if your not gonna be considered "weak"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit