Are JWs seeing signs of the end now?

by jws 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

24:29 ?Immediately after the suffering of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. 24:30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man arriving on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Mathew, Chapter 24)

This could describe a volcanic eruption, and the four hurricanes could be symbolic of the four winds.

Brownboy

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Are JWs seeing signs of the end now?

Are you kidding me? When are they not seeing signs of the end? Seriously, for Witnesses, the entire newspaper is proof that the end is just around the corner. Even things that are not even remotely connected with Jesus' vague-o-rama prophecies, like increases in traffic congestion, become irrefutable proof of the nearness of the Big A.

Here's the real test for any Witness who doubts this. Get out a history book and read up on what it was like during some other time period. Now transplant yourself back in time and tell me, can you honestly say that if there had been a Watchtower Society back then, that they wouldn't be proclaiming doom and gloom? I think they would. "Oh, these terrible weekly raids we've been getting. First it's the Goths, and now we have the Visigoths to worry about too. I swear, we are sooooooooo close. Jesus foretold it would be just like this!"

SNG

• Carmel
    Carmel

Another of the typical fundy literalist thinkin. It just sends them into chasing their tales (spelled that way intentionally)

carmel

• justhuman
    justhuman

Jw's are seing the end of the world and the signs since 1871.

They are thrilled to hear about wars(in our days usually made in U.S.A) and people dying from them. Children dying from hunger and with their dying eyes asking for little food ( the remains of our dinner it will be enough for them )

They are thrilled to hear about people dying from earthquakes and harricanes, in terrorist attacks, people dying from aids ( specially in the poor african countries )people dying from heart disease ( because we eat a lot of meat and junk food sitting in our sofa and watching tv all this bad things in front of our eyes without really giving a shit. And all we care is what kind of dress did Cameron Diaz appeared at the Oscar awards, or who is the new boyfriend of Jennifer Loppez )

Hundred years from now still the WT will see signs of the end.

• Descender
    Descender

Lets see, for witnesses (at least American Witnesses) there have been plenty of signs of the end all throughout the history of the religion. The end was supposed to come in 1914, 1925, 1975, and various other dates. The signs that the end was going to come tomorow have included WW1, WW2, the Korean War, the Cuban Missile crisis, the cold war with the USSR, Vietnam, the first gulf war, and the current war in Iraq. It has also included every single earthquake, hurricane, tornado, and volcanic eruption in the past 120 years. Oh, also disasters like the fall of the stock market, polution, plane crashes, space shuttle explosions, school shootings, AIDS, starving children in third world countries, and terrorist attacks around the world.

Witnesses have always been saying things like, "this world just won't last another 5 or 10 years in this current state without Jehober stepping in to take care of things." Just wait another 5 years, it's soooo close. Five years comes and things are pretty much the same, repeat the process, "ohhh, this world just can't last another 5 years," just wait, and wait, and wait, and listen to the same mindless drivle coming from the crotchety old men in Brooklyn.

My mom tells me all the time that the end is right around the corner, always a new earthquake, or hurricane, or a new outbreak of disease, another war, immorality, murder, whatever. Hell, maybe Armegedon already happened and we just didn't notice and now we're all living in Paradise.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"Now, in view of present labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say that they do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain."

Zion's Watch Tower, July 15, 1894, p. 228

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    3. Increase immorality (including violent crimes).

I would rather be walking on a road today, than when Paul was traveling. Does anyone see

what violent crimes were committed by bandits for the past 6000 years?

The romans had a good control on things due to the fact that they had good justice system

but any others?

How about innocent villages being plundered before the 20th century? Want to be naive and dismiss it?

Be my guest!

• franklin J
    franklin J

The JWs have been seeing the "signs" since they took the name "Jehovahs Witnesses". Imagine the hoopla they must have made back during WW1 and WW2.

How far back shall we go with seeing the signs? We can go as far back as the Roman Empire with "wars and reports of wars"; earthquakes, etc.

And as for the "immorality issues" ;THAT is a no brainer for any civilization!

Yes, my dear Jehovahs Witness friends; the "immoratlity" your religion speaks of is something men and women do together; have ALWAYS done together ( since there was a recorded history) and will CONTINUE to do together irregardless of the Jehovahs Witness ( albeit Christian Fundamentalist) middle tier mentality.

• DIM
    DIM

my mom seemed to be implying that Mt. St. Helens having activity would be a sign of the end....although she didn't come out and saying anything....she seemed to be annoyed when I explained to her why the Pacific Northwest has so many active volcanos and that we are on the Ring of Fire....she just seemed to zone out.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Yup signs are clear, examples from the past:

Gulf war...Bombmageddon 1

Droughts in the mid-west...farmageddon

Sars...Flumageddon

Fight against Terrorism...Bombmageddon 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit