"Draw Close to Jehovah"

by robhic 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Technically, JWs cannot count time or placements with a baptized member unless they have been officially designated to study with that person by the elders, usually an inactive or reinstated JW.

But since JWs count nonexistent time...

Blondie

• Flash
    Flash
    Does anyone know if leaving the magazines and this tape library with a baptized member allows them to count their time, too? Robert

It depends on how 'active' a witness your ladyfriend is, if she's barely or not active as a witness then the answer is yes the will count the time. The Witnesses are obsessed with accounting in everything!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    I am thinking this 8-tape audio cassette folder must be like a "books on tape" deal for blind people.

The release is also available on CD (MP3 format). The CD versions of publications are increasingly popular with JWs who like to listen in their cars or at home.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    The release is also available on CD (MP3 format).

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone! Are you serious? The publication is available, not in standard uncompressed CD format, but encoded as MP3 on the CD? That's a little hard to imagine, since you either have to listen to it on a computer, or have hardware decoding in your CD player. Can you elaborate?

It's funny, though. I always thought when I was in the organization, why don't they just put MP3 recordings of the publications on their site? The distribution cost would be way lower. Of course, the real reason is that if you take away the physical literature, there wouldn't be much left of the religion. Can you imagine going door to door without trying to place anything, just encouraging people to download the latest literature from watchtower.org?

SNG

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Back to what you said before, SNG, I would have to agree that the Draw Close book was written in a kinder, gentler, and much more appealing style, meant to overcome people's emotional objections to the God who threatens to kill 'em all at Armageddon, as if to say, "See, we're not so bad; God's not so bad. Just do what we tell you and everything will (eventually, some day) be wonderful for you." I think it's quite beautifully written, but I still have a problem with their "facts" and where they try to lead people with this very lovely carrot.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

IIRC nowadays you even get the magazines in MP3 on a CD (in English language only)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit