Jw's are so quick to accuse each other?

by jwbot 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

http://www.livejournal.com/users/maidden/53674.html

Please refrain from commenting if you can.

I would have linked to my friends' (who is a witness) journal where he posted this but his journal is friends only. However, another JW who agrees with his words cut&pasted his entry (and gave him credit) and the JW's who are even friends with them come out of the wood work and accuse them of apostacy for stating that there is a line between devotion to the org and devotion to Jehovah and that devotion to god should be first and foremost.

Some good points were brought out about how God has used other organizations (Isrealites) that messed up, so why is it impossible for the watchtower society to be wrong? I am reading and reading over again his post and I am stunned that JW's would cry apostate! Should I be stunned? probably not.

• Simon
    Simon

I had a discussion (argument) with an elder about this very point. He claimed, as most JWs do, that the organisation could never do any wrong - they were spirit directed by big J himself afterall.

My argument was that Jehovahs visible organisation on earth had been wrong before and it was documented in the bible. An example being David transporting the ark of the covenant incorrectly.

Now, would ti have been *right* for someone to stand up to Jehovahs annointed rep and say "this is wrong" or should they just go along with it knowing that it's wrong because of some misplaced loyalty?

Same with the ones who thought that the early modern WT should be neutral and not join in prayers for the military in WWI. Some were discfellowshipped for this but (by the WTS own standards) they were later deemed to have made the right decision.

Even making the right decision though they were judged to be 'wrong' for opposing the organisation who was making the wrong decision !!

What a bunch of morons.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

They are never wrong, Jehovah just changes his mind all the time

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I think the big J wants people to die, and after they die he changes the rule to something

else to see if the dubs will be stupid enough to follow again!

He has to put us to trial, the Bible says so!

• jwbot
    jwbot

I think it just proves that yes, people DO worship the watchtower and can not separate the two.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

This might sound bad, but the argument used would've worked on me as a Witness. I think it was well written.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I'm not shocked at all by the comments posted on that thread. Often when I've gotten into arguments online with other JWs, often they would say like one of the posters said "If you don't like it, why don't you start your own religion".

The JWs are threatened by maiden and darkdiadem because they are actually thinking and reasoning. And now they've been smart enough to seperate god from the organization. They may not be apostate, but they are walking towards that path. Now that they realize that the organization is not god, and that it makes mistake, it won't take much to get them to realize that the organization is not directed by god. I find it funny the way the other JWs came down on those two, but 5 years down the road they might thank them as this might be the thing that sets their whole fall from the organization in motion.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Hey, Stinky.... ingenious work with the avatars

• jwbot
    jwbot
    This might sound bad, but the argument used would've worked on me as a Witness. I think it was well written.

Stinky, whos argument? Darkdiadem or the JW's hes mad at? I think his post was well-written also.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

DaCheech-

Hey, Stinky.... ingenious work with the avatars

??? bot- Yes, DarkDiadem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit