The JWs (Before) Russell!

by Voyager 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Voyager
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

And so the long line of Witnesses is extended even further back than the Watch Tower Society ever imagined!

• Voyager
    Voyager

Kenneson:

Thank you for your reply, and you are right. The JWs back then certainly (did not) preach the rubbish being forced down the throats of the rank and file of today.

Randy really did a good job on that article!

Thanks Kenneson!------Voyager

• Earnest
    Earnest
    A statement or Constitution of Faith was to be (signed) by those who believed in (JEHOVAH) way back in the 1800s. The (JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MINISTERS) of the 1800s ---believed that Jehovah was (one God) consisting of (1) The Father, (2) The Son, (3) And The Holy Spirit---and that (ALL THREE made Jehovah (one) God. All (THREE) were to be WORSHIPPED and GLORIFIED. Jehovah Proclaimers of the 1800s (BELIEVED IN THE TRINITY)! Therefore the Jehovah's Witnesses of (TODAY), are (APOSTATE) as to the teachings of their former (Jehovah's Witness (forefathers). This indicates that Jehovah's Witness Ministers (were preaching) in the very same towns that Russell was present. But Russell must have (preferred) the Adventist) teachings--and then created his own. So in-other words---Russell had the (opportunity) to become a (witness) for Jehovah way back when he says he was searching for truth,--but must have been (NOT INTERESTED) in what the Jehovah's Witness proclaimers were teaching in the local towns in the 1800s.

Apart from the observation that the article in the Granite Monthly magazine of January 1912 identified elder Abner Jones and his associates as members of the Christian Society, the Statement of Faith does not suggest that "ALL THREE made Jehovah (one) God". It says :

2 We believe in the existence of Jehovah as one God revealed in the Bible also in nature; a being of perfect and adorable attributes.

3 In the real divinity of Jesus Christ; and in the Holy Spirit the Divine Renewer Comforter Guide and Sanctifier who together with the Father are supremely to be worshiped and Glorified

I am aware this is pedantic, as is the whole argument that the use of God's name prior to the time of Russel made such ones Jehovah's Witnesses. If that be the case we must surely go back to Milton and Tyndale and argue that all these were preRussell JWs. In fact, we should concur with the thought held some years ago that ALL worshippers of God in biblical times were JWs as they apparently used God's name. Earnest

• Farkel
    Farkel

Earnest,

: I am aware this is pedantic, as is the whole argument that the use of God's name prior to the time of Russel made such ones Jehovah's Witnesses. If that be the case we must surely go back to Milton and Tyndale and argue that all these were preRussell JWs. In fact, we should concur with the thought held some years ago that ALL worshippers of God in biblical times were JWs as they apparently used God's name.

Yep! The false name or crappy name of God "Jehovah" didn't exist until the sixteenth Century AD or so. God never told us where to put the vowels in His name. That is a clue that God doesn't give a rat about how correct or incorrect His name is pronounced.

In fact, God came to me personally not more than a week ago and said her real name was "Josephine." I was floored. God made certain I got the spelling right and got all the vowels rignt in the right places.

You heard it here first, folks.

Farkel

• Voyager
    Voyager

Earnest:

Thank you Sir for your comments.

Take care!

• Voyager
    Voyager

Farkel:

Thank you Farkel. I have really enjoyed your posts. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

• archangel01
    archangel01

remember people the name Jehovah was coined by a catholic monk. That name is very Inaccurate/incorrect.

YaHWeh is the most accurate/correct

• Voyager
    Voyager

Archangel01:

Appreciate the comments archangel01.

Thanks!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Really the use of capital letters as, Proclaimers of Jehovah and Jehovah Witness Ministers is very misleading. Abner did not use these lables. Other than that, the point of the article seems to have been that other groups used the name "jehovah" and this is of course true, and known by all JWs. In fact there were through the years many who used the Gemanic name "Jehovah" since it was coined in the 16th cent. and many thought they were restoring some 'lost' secret truth. Such is religion, they keep turning over the manure pile looking for gold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit