What do you dream about?

by Glenmore 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

I suppose I shouldn't admit this, but darn it, I will. For the past 6 years I have been a daily user of a certain illegal herb, the one that blocks your dreams. In my defence I have chronic pain and it helps. well that's my excuse. Anyway, on my trip to the UK I didn't have any. So at night I had dreams that I could remember. And you know what they were about, yep, JDubyas! About ones who didn't or wouldn't talk to me; about ones I wanted to talk to about the truth about the troof and so on.

My overall recollection - I had this happen several nights - was one of letting go and not being upset at all that I wasn't being listened to. More than anything I was amused by it all. I felt fine in the dreams and when I woke, I was just accepting it. I think that's good, but I will go back to my herb garden.

• Teela
    Teela

I wondered for a long time why I didn't dream. You have given me an answer, thank you

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i do the herb, i dream while awake. I should say that i can.

S

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I have had chronic nightmares for years. I don't know why.

Some are very vivid depictions of bizarre, almost ritualized, exercises of power. (My family and I burying people up to their necks in a circle and then kicking their heads like footballs was one I've had twice that I remember).

A recurring one is where I visit a white house carrying a sword and have to kill some witch that lives inside. She is in a different place every time, but the HOUSE IS ALWAYS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME LAYOUT. I've had this dream maybe six or seven times.

Others involve the ability to perform telekinesis, throwing objects with my mind, smashing windows, etc.

I have had very few good dreams that I recall - one in particular involved flying and was perfectly sweet. It was like being high on codeine when I woke up.

CZAR

• Dawn
    Dawn

I often have dreams where I'm visiting my dead father or dead brother (or both). They are pleasant dreams. They seem so real - I can actually feel their hugs. I always wake up feeling good to have seen them again - even if it was just a dream.

I used to have nightmares about Armageddon a lot, but those are gone now. I haven't had one in years.

Sometimes I still dream about being at the kingdom hall - I just had one last week where I was sitting in the front row and no one seemed to remember I was DF'd so they're all talking to me. I figured - what the hell - and visited back. Then there was a big screen TV up on the platform and it was playing a great movie - we were all really into it when the speaker got up and said we had to start the meeting. No one wanted to start the meeting and I felt bad for the speaker - kind of like he was the outcast because he was a boring speaker. Weird hu?!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Last night I dreamed I died. Odd dream, kind of stuck with me all day. I hung around for a while before I went some place. I don't remember now where I went, but I wanted to stay here.

Guess I shouldn't care, but I was buried in a pine box. Really creepy.

Chris

• FMZ
    FMZ

Very interesting dreams... an interpreter would have a field day

I dream about all sorts. I used to have a lot of falling dreams and flying dreams... and I mean every night. I hated it. I have been learning how to lucid dream recently, which (when I am successful at it) is amazing... you are able to control anything with a thought. I have had 5 lucid dreams that I remember, and every one of them was amazing.

Speaking of being able to control everything with a thought... I have found that you really have to believe that your thought will come true for it to work. Almost reminds me of the line (paraphrase) "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move mountains"... it is so true in the dream world...

Just a thought.

FMZ

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lately, i have been having group dreams, like i'm w a large group that is sort of loosely connected like an extended family. Everyone is busy doing stuff. It's in settings like a big outdoor restaurent or something. I used to have dreams where i was searching for a place, or going some place. I had to fly or climb over huge walls or buildings on ghettos. Sometimes people would help me.

S

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I have extremely vivid dreams, movie quality type. My favorite recurring dream, however, is my flying dream. I also teach others to fly in my dream, generally loved ones. I always wake up feeling free and happy!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I keep dreaming that I am having a baby, and I am wayyyyy too old for that. I must have nocturnal stomach aches.

I wake up thinking there is a baby in the house, and am so relieved when I realize it was all a dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit