GREAT Britain ....

by El blanko 5 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13229876,00.html

If anything makes me wonder about 'last days' attitudes, it is articles of this nature. What a shameful wasteland I live in.

• Mary
    Mary

El blanko, it happens everywhere, not just in Britian.......it reminds me of the illustration of the Good Samaritan.........human beings are funny creatures; you've got motorists who will drive by a dying woman and not stop to help; on the other hand when disasters strike, alot of humans give generously to those in need.

• cyrus
    cyrus

There is nothing great about britain I hate the place so much i moved to spain.As for the good samaritan people are just cowards today ,anyone can put their hand in thier pocket and pull some money out attested to by all the celebrities and other rich people who like to tell us about their charitable works .About20 years ago i witnessed something like this article .I was walking home from my girlfriends about 2am and saw a man at the side of the road lying face down next to his bycycle car after car drove past when i got next to him i saw that blood was coming out of his ears (not a good sign )this usually means skull or brain trauma (what ive been told ) anyway all i did was put my jacket under his head and call an ambulance simple really took about 20 minutes out of my night and meant he got to hospital .From what i found out later he was drunk and decided to cycle home (idiot) and fallen off he cracked his head on the pavement but was ok in the end .The point is these things have nothing to do with the good samariten but to do with treating our fellow humans with the compassion that we would expect from others.Can you imagine that woman if her son or husband found out that someone they new had left her there to die I dont know about you but i would want to kill that person .

Someone i had great respect and love for (now dead )once said anyone can talk the talk (charitable works included)it takes a courageous man to walk the walk.I NEVER FORGOT THOSE WORDS

• Mary
    Mary
    The point is these things have nothing to do with the good samariten but to do with treating our fellow humans with the compassion that we would expect from others.

Ya, but that was my point about the Good Samaritan......the one Jew gets the holy hell beat out of him and is left on the road to die. Some Pharisees, or Sadducees (can't remember which group, but it was the victim's own people), drive by him and don't stop to help...........he's finally helped by a Samaritan. That's apparently what happened with this woman. All these people go driving by her and no one will stop to help her!

• angelkins
    angelkins

Another point of view: When a lot of people are witness to a traumatic scene, they often assume someone else has most likely called for help. If you are alone, the only one, viewing the scene, you are more likely to stop and offer aid.

There are a number of social psychological studies that have shown this to be true.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Another point of view: When a lot of people are witness to a traumatic scene, they often assume someone else has most likely called for help. If you are alone, the only one, viewing the scene, you are more likely to stop and offer aid.

There are a number of social psychological studies that have shown this to be true.

I admit that may play a part, but really, it is no excuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit