Jehovah's Witnesses and... are my magazine's cover story

by morrisamb 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I have been invisable here of late as I have so many projects on the go. My magazine Q has taken off here in London, Canada.

Each month I will have an overall theme...October's is Faith and we'll be dealing with several different belief systems. (we also have lighter stuff; and we have in Oct a debate on both sides of the gay marriage issue).

But I've had a painting created for my cover for October which features Jehovah's Witnesses. It is awesome. It will be non-offensive to Witnesses. Our cover story highlights the blood issue and the case in Calgary but the cover story's theme has to do with Issues of Conscience. To that end the second part of the cover story deals with another denomation's issue with photos on driver's licences. Quite interesting case actually.

My magazine will not take a stand on the blood issue...we are presenting both sides of the story with quotes from both the father in the case and his lawyer and representatives of the Watchtower society.

Both sides appreciated the thoroughness of my writer and our desire to remain neutral. How much media coverage do you see that doesn't take a particular spin on an issue? Having access to much of the info on this case, I can tell you that a writer could spin this story in a bezillion directions.

my magazine (15,000 copies) is distributed to 500 locations in London, certain locations in St. Thomas, Kitchener, Stratford and Toronto - Second Cup; Zeldas; 501, Woodys.

our web site is http://www.qmagazine.ca

• Brummie
    Brummie

Wow, its great to see whats happening for you there, I hope the mag does real well, I'm sure it will take off big time.

Keep up the good work, good to see you posting.

Brummie

• kls
    kls

Any thought of this magazine coming to the US?

• Valis
    Valis

Way to go Donald! Best of luck and cheers!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks guys ..it would be great to expand to Us...as it is, we only charge postage to mail subscriptions anywhere in the world

to subscribe: email and cc me: [email protected]

and me: [email protected]

Thanks!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

It has been interesting to see the public's response to my mag. We've had unbelievable media attention. Interesting footnote: the client's lawyer for our cover story part 2 on the driver's licence issue is renowned Toronto human rights lawyer Clayton Ruby who has represented the Witnesses in blood issue cases in the past.

And all of the parties have requested copies of Q...even Witnesses have expressed interest.

Honestly, I haven't read Witness material OR ANY RELIGIOUS MATERIAL FROM ANY RELIGION in twenty years. Just for this cover story, I've had to read over some info. So I guess, never isn't always ever.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Read quotes from Watchtower mags in: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/russell_grave.htm

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks DaCheech - that would be helpful to people who need to look something up.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Congratulations on the mag. I like the title it's catchy. I will keep an eye out for it at the locations you mentioned and I am looking forward to a good read.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Way to go Morris! This is a way for people to get the information.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit