Questions on Adam & Eve?

by kls 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kls
    kls

It has been a long time since i opened a Bible but these questions keep coming up in my head so i thought i would ask our all knowing here.

Why did Adam & Eve need names it was only the two of them at first?

Was it God himself who wrote of Adam & Eve because there was no one else alive at the beginning to tell the tale?

• Mulan
    Mulan

interesting questions

I guess the obvious answer is that it is a FAIRY TALE

• kls
    kls

Mulan that is what i come up with . I cannot believe it could be real there are to many questions even if small ones for this to be true.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know.................one of my grandsons, when he was 5 or 6, was told this story and he said "that's just dumb.....................it isn't real is it?" (or something similar)

Sometimes kids just really say it like it is.

• willy_think
    willy_think

As i understand the metaphor, the forbidden tree contained the the knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong, perfect and flawed, and so on. When the fruit was eaten Adam and Eve became aware of there flaws and filet shame.

• kls
    kls

Willy, i understand that but it still does answer why they would be embarrassed of each other being naked . They were having sex and the only ones alive so why? They weren't worried of having sex but they couldn't see each other naked ? It just all seems made up.

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Willy,

According to the fairy tale, they were perfect, they didn't have any flaws.

KLS--I just finished a book called Leaving Eden by Ann Chamberlin--it's her fictional take on the story of Adam and Eve. Very interesting story. It also involves Lilith as a sort of Earth Mother/Goddess/demon. Ms. Chamberlin's story made more sense to me than the account in Genesis.

Bethany

• gumby
    gumby
    This makes no sense since they had been naked and where having sex so why were they embarrassed?

It is explained by many religious groups....dubs included, that they lost their innocence when they sinned and god made them realise this by making them conscience they were naked. My theory is....god made Adam have major "shrinkage" and made Eve's boobs go saggy and so they both hid their ugliness.

Gumby

• kls
    kls

Gumby that sounds like a probability and makes more sense then i can come up with . ,,,,,,,LOL

• shotgun
    shotgun

KLS..not many know this but when God was walking in the garden playing hide and seek with the perfect couple he yelled "where are you, come out come out where ever you are" and then caught them behind the prickly pear bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit