Have these aguments ever worked?

by ChrisCross 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• ChrisCross
    ChrisCross

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I really have a lot to say about my experience with a JW but first and foremost: I was wondering if anyone has posed an argument to a JW, specifically the irrefutable argument that the WT was supporting the UN, that led them question their faith in the organization? I know that going toe to toe with a JW is largely an act in frustration and that most of the time the only thing we can do is plant a seed of doubt but has anyone ever brought evidence forth, where the JW examined it, and they said, "Oh?!?"

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I can't say that I have opened the eyes of a JW from UN evidence but there are several JW's on this group and others that said the UN invovlement convinced them to leave. Many were already doubting WT teachings. All the evidence in the world would not convince a deeply indoctrinated JW.

Devon

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Hey Chris, welcome. I just made a post to another thread that would be relevant to this one. Frankly I think on a practical level it's more about the person than the issues:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/78738/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit