New Website About Child Abuse

by Corvin 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Corvin
    Corvin

I am putting together a website geared toward non-sexual JW child abuse. I am in the midst of getting clinical assistance from mental healthcare professionals and many others are wanting to get on board. The link to the first page is below. If anyone would like to contribute, It would be make a great difference. Your experiences as a JW kid, being the kid of a JW elder, anything is welcome. Thank you in advance for your support.

The page is just a rough sample of what the site will contain.

http://www.tcorvin.com/

• Simon
    Simon

Just one (technical) comment - the header image is very large for non-broadband users (about half a meg). It would be better as a JPG.

Also, I've added the site to the links section here. Good luck with it !

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I love it Corvin. It's not that abuse is so much worse or more common among JW's - it's just that based on their claims, it should hardly occur at all, yet it's not rare. That's why it's important to address it. And your site will be helpful to non-jw kids as well. I'll contribute. I know of several instances of ridiculous neglect/abuse within the JW family setting, recent and/or long term, too.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Hi Corvin. I am new to this site. I like your idea and the website layout looks good. I think it's a good idea. There are already sites dedicated to the child sexual abuse and the unique issues surrounding that issue in the JW organization but I believe other physical and emotional abuses are rampant within the Jehovah's Witnesses and because of thier cult like structure (i.e. refusing to acknowledge it for fear of loosing credibility and/or members) it leads to the victims being overlooked. I also believe that the structure of thier beliefs and protocol lead them to be harsh, abusive and extremely manipulative/cooersive with thier minor children. Good luck with your efforts and I wish you well.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Corvin:

Wow, you just hit a major emotional trigger with me. I clicked on your link and started to tear up. Thank you so much for addressing this issue. Please consider some if the following JW practices that enable this kind of abuse:

1. JW children are not allowed to study alternative viewpoints except for info published by JWs
    2. JW children are encouraged to get baptized at an early age (as young as 8, commonly around 14) locking them in with future consequences of banishment from family (compare to JW youth who do not bet baptized)
    3. Suicidal tendencies are common among JW youth (and a viable option because the doctrine teaches the soul dies)
    4. Psycological counseling is discouraged (don't confuse with JW recommendation for psychiatric treatment (drugs))
    5. The recent flood of youth-specific articles in the W&A are unrealistic and offer little practical help (show examples)
    6. Expose the typical JW youth "rite of passage": Raised since birth, baptized at 14, limits schooling to pioneer, has sex at 18, gets DFed, experiences the psycological abuse of reinstatment, "rededicates life", and makes more JW babies.
    7. And a full bio of your incredible experience with your daughters.

My hat off to you for your determination. If there is one thing that gets this country on its feet, it is child abuse of all kinds. By exposing the mind control that JW inflict on their kids, JWs will have to answer some tough questions the next time they knock on a door.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The layout is appealing, tastefully done and you're covering excellent facets of the issue with what to look for as indicators, and where to get help.

In the text to the right side of the header, I believe there was an extra s on the end of witnesses(s).

Believe me I'm not being nit picky. About the only way I can contribute is with the "idiot stuff" cause I'm no scholar.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Corvin, a big thumbs up to you. You are doing a great job and its been interesting to read your court threads.

• avishai
    avishai

You rock!! I'll be posting some of my stories.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Good job! You are meeting a need - so many stories of kids forced to stand on the street corner with magazines, or being shunned at school because of our beliefs, or of being forced to remain silent at meetings...I remember one family who would regularly take their little ones to the bathroom and beat them, forcing them to hold their heads down in prayer. *aaaargh*. sickening.

a lot of kids are abused in the name of religion.

• Corvin
    Corvin

The site has been updated and filled out some more, with a couple of graphics glitches, but it is coming along. Your stories are needed. Please visit the site to read part one of my own account of abuse. Your support is appreciated.

Thank you,

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit