Histrionic Personality Disorder-ever met one?

by gypsywildone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone
    GF,

Do you find yourself actually engaging in these behaviors? I think you are being a little hard on yourself! I think people suffering from this live in some kind of fantasy world & might not even be aware they are engaging in these behaviors. I don't know what you are like in your personal life, and I haven't read all your posts (or even that many on this board), but I don't remember seeing you trtying to dazzle everyone with your brilliance, or whining & rehashing old shit, or trying to get everyone to read your posts by ridiculous titles, or anything I would even associate with these behaviors.

Behaviors
    Overly dramatic, reactive, and intensely expressed behavior; strident and superficial emotionality, emotional storms, constant attention-seeking, sexually seductive behavior, histrionics, submissiveness, eagerness to please, ruthless willfulness (Chodoff, pp. 2727-2728).

Affectation, overreaction, stimulus-seeking, intolerance of inactivity, impulsiveness, theatricality, flirtatiousness, demandingness, attention-seeking, exhibitionism (Millon, pp. 138, 140).

Emotional manipulation, seductiveness; demands for constant attention; cravings for novelty, stimulation, and excitement; suicide gestures and threats (American Psychiatric Association, pg. 656).

Bombast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit