I'll try again--IS ANYONE DONATING $ TO HELP THE PEOPLE OF HAITI?

by azaria 15 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

These people are in desperate need of everyone's help. Is anyone here planning to help?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I donate money to both the American Red Cross and the International Red Cross. I believe the IRC is providing food, shelter and other necessities to the Haitian storm victims.

Devon

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Thanks for the suggestion. Just donated a few bux via https://www.foodforthepoor.com

GentlyFeral

• RR
    RR

The Haitian government is so corrupt, there is little doubt that the money gets to whom really need it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think its safe to give to red cross or major charities that are collecting . a lot of those deliver the goods themselves instead of just handing money to the govt.

• RR
    RR

You'd be surprised!

• azaria
    azaria

Hi RR Do you think that we should just sit back and think why donate, the corrupt gov't will take it anyway. The Salvation Army (who I personally trust - and no I'm not affiliated with them) sends $ daily to their local organization in Haiti. They feel that it's best to use the local businesses for supplies to stimulate their economy. I was told that parts of the country do still have supplies. Any supplies they don't have they will ship over. I would think that the Salvation Army, Red Cross and the like (who have experienced this on an ongoing basis) know about corrupt governments and avoid handing $ over to them. I truly hope that this the case. But I for one can't stand by and do absolutely nothing.

• RR
    RR

I have family in Haiti, I KNOW what goes on there.

RR

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

R.R.,

So what do you suggest people do to help? Or is there nothing that can be done?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

rr.. i know its hard to know who to donate too. its not an issue with me as i live on 360 bux a month.

azaria what have you been able to do? i hope your efforts to get people to donate are successful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit