It's official!!! I start my new *PERM* job on Oct. 1 2004!!!! :D

by Elsewhere 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have been working at at my current job as a contract worker since Feb this year. For about five years I have been doing contract/consulting work and I've gotten very very tired of the instability, so I started looking for a perm position.

Last year, at almost this same time, I got a perm job where my supervisor was a JW... it didn't take very long for me to be "laid off" after he found out I was an ex-JW. Well, this was clearly an act of Jehover blessing my carrier in a "mysterious way" because it only took me a week and a half to find my current contract position. It's a great place to work and I enjoy working with everyone here.

For a few months my supervisor has been talking about hiring me as a perm employee, but nothing was ever certain. If contract work has taught me anything it is that you don't have a job until everyone has signed the dotted line... and on top of that you don't have a pay check until the check clears after being deposited!

Yesterday when I got home I found that I had received an official job offer packet and this morning I officially accepted! I will start on the first of next month, Oct. 1, 2004.

I would like to have a little mini-fest celebration with some of the locals... would anyone like to join me at a local restaurant to celebrate? Hell... this will even be a double celebration since my birthday is on Sept. 28th!

*** Doing the Ren & Stimpy Happy Dance ***

• Brummie
    Brummie

Now that is Good News

Praise be to jehover

Brummie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

All that and a new house! Congratulations -- you've earned this one!

Nina

• Purza
    Purza

Congratulations Elsewhere. I am very happy for you!

Purza

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Congrats!

I am glad life is going well for you!

I am also glad that you werent refering to your hair..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I am also glad that you werent refering to your hair..

Hmmm... I might celebrate by getting an 80's poofy-do perm!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nah, grow an 80's style mullet instead.

Congrats Else!

• Valis
    Valis

Else, hope all goes well w/the work man! Oh and ya! I wouldn't mind going to see your house when you have a free moment.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Employee Orientation Photo

October 1, 2004

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Else, hope all goes well w/the work man! Oh and ya! I wouldn't mind going to see your house when you have a free moment.

How about Saturday or Sunday? They are going to sheetrock the house next week so this weekend will be the last chance to see the framework of the house.

Would anyone else like to come see? Right now I'm like an excited little kid who wants to show everyone his new action figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit