Anyone JWs addicted to this site?

by sid_1973 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sid_1973
    sid_1973

I can't stop reading the posts. I find them very informative. While I respect all that is here, I still take everything "with a grain of salt." Anyways I was just wondering if there were any other JWs that are here regularly.

• avishai
    avishai

There are a ton of folks on here who are still active JW's. Welcome, sid_1973!!!!

PS, make sure and check out the best of section!!!

• kls
    kls

Welcome Sid. I was wondering in what respect do you take what people say here with a grain of salt? I have no qualms just wondering .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hello, my name is Elsewhere and I am addicted to JWD.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Hiya Sid, I am. And I know a few other JWs who prefer to lurk. Welcome to the board!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Anyone JWs addicted to this site?

Yes, but most of them won't admit to it!

Farkel

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Welcome to JWD Sid.

I am addicted too. I think at first especially. It is extremely validating to know that others have experienced things that I have, until now, been unable to even put into words. The people here make it funny, make it make sense and provide support and encouragement. I never knew I could get that anywhere. I felt so alone in my experience of being a DF'ed JW.

I don't take it with a grain of salt. Our experiences are real. I know that when I found out I had been so betrayed and lied to in the name of GOD - it was hard to trust anything. Sort it out for yourself. I, for one, have no need to lie to you.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the discussion board, Sid. And bring your skepticism. If you're ever in a position to meet some of the posters who live in your area, you'll find that the experiences outlined here are mainly true.

True, there is some speculation out here on the board. But people inside the organization speculate about a LOT of stuff too, right?

The fact that you're here indicates an open mind. Don't be afraid to ask anything! Every JW-related subject is explored in depth here.

• toreador
    toreador
    Every JW-related subject is explored in depth here.

And then some!

• shamus
    shamus

I am hopelessly addicted. The only way to get me off is to cancel my internet access; something I am considering.

Yes, take EVERYTHING you hear here with a grain of salt. How do you know if it's true or not? It's the internet, and while some people will poo poo that idea, it takes nothing to sign up with a fake name, and post bullshit away. There have been several instances of people that were complete bullshit.

I am 'inactive', and will never be 'active' again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit