Letter to my sister , very very very very very long !!!!!!!, but worth it !

by Armageddon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Not trying to be mean but I don't think your sister will read through all of that. Heck I didn't even read it all, just skimmed through a couple of paragraphs.

• poppers
    poppers

It's been 3 years, 2 months, and about 2 weeks since this was first posted. Perhaps her sister has finally finished reading it.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Good catch, poppers, I didn't take care to note the old date.

Perhaps some of the points made are still relevant?

~Sue

• horrible life
    horrible life

1mother, welcome!!! It looks like you have been rummaging through our discussion boards past. You resurrected a thread from 20-Sep-04 .

Now since that was posted 3 years ago, we here at JWD have "New Light." We don't like people looking at our past writings. I know that you are new, but it would be appreciated if you didn't read other websites also. This is the only website that you should look at. But please remember, to not to refer back over 2 weeks, and to always look towards the "New Light".

Since you have logged on, and registered at JWD, if it is found out, that you go to any other website, may I remind you, that you will be shut down. Not only shut down, but accused of unspeakable allegations.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1mother, does the above make sense? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? But this is exactly what the Jehovah's Witnesses are doing to all of it's followers. They want you to forget what the old publications say. They want you to believe, that what Jehovah's spirit told them to say, and what laws they made 25 years ago, that they have New Light now. Did Jehovah get it wrong the first time? Why did it take so long for Jehovah to get it changed? Maybe only a little of the spirit got through the first time? Doesn't that sound an alarm in your gut?

The society also doesn't want you looking anywhere else. I'm not talking about in church, or other church literature. I am talking research books, internet, and their own books. Yes their own books, and their own past. Just look forward. Look forward to paradise, and do as we say. Scary isn't it???

Stay, read, research on your own. (It is your GOD given right.) Ask questions. Do you tell your children, when they ask a question, to not ask questions? And if they ask anymore questions, you will throw them outside to die, and nobody should talk to them? Of course not.

Welcome again H/L but is getting alot better!!!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome!!

I would suggest that you edit.

What really matters to you? What are you most passionate about? Stick to the essentials.

I would leave out the excruciating details-or better yet, if it will be emailed, give links to news reports. Give brief quotes and the reference info so that she can look it up if interested.

Make sure any info you give is pertinent as regards YOUR reasons. Pedophilia, the WT indifference to people who need protection, the dishonesty of their biblical arguments, out of context 'support' for their teachings. Whatever matters will stand out more in a brief letter than in a treatise. They are NOT preaching the good news of the Bible-that is what gets to me, so that is what I would focus on, because it matters to me. Other things do also, but we all have the things which touch us the most. On other approach might be to focus on the things you know would touch HER the most that you can give solid information about.

• poppers
    poppers

Nice post, Horrible Life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit