A college paper an aquantance is turning in...

by tonyend 3 Replies latest social humour

• tonyend
    tonyend

Here is a college paper that a friend of a friend is turning in for her Sociology class:

A Sociologist by the name of Peter Burger says that the sociological perspective can be described as "Seeing the strange in the familiar." As sociologists there main goal is to understand the social situations and look for a repeating patterns in society. Sociologist have a main focus is in the groups not the individual. Sociologist wants to learn more about what forces that operate throughout the society. In this assignment you will see the things that sociologist would focus.
    When I rode on the Metromover you would see a lot of people waiting for the ride as well. You would see all different types of people an example, would be the students, Doctors, Lawyers, other types of workers. As a sociologist you would see them a as a large crowd instead of as individuals. Many of these people are always interacting with other groups. They are consider as being very sociable within the groups. We could come to the point of that everyone is engaged in the study of sociology in some ways. They are also others groups of people who are not that sociable with there surrounds. Some of them are very quite people. They donâ??t like speaking to other people unless, they actually have too. An example, would be if you want to get off the next train and there a person in front of you. You would ask them politely to let you go by in front of them. If though some are not that way but at least they communicated in a another form of way.

When you are walking in the city of DownTown, you get to experience a little bit of everything. As you can see some people can interact then, on the other hand you have people that will interact with they need something. In the city as well you see these behaviors often then in other cases you see people that have disturbing behavior meaning that they are crazy. Some of them like forming problems in large crowds, making a scene in a public place. I have experienced these kind of things, you would just have to leave them alone. Sometimes when I would ride the train that would happen sometimes the person would start saying things that wouldnâ??t make up any sense until the train made it to there stop they wouldnâ??t sometimes it got really annoying. Being a sociologist you would have to deal with all sorts of behavior at a time. Trying to understand there repeating pattern in the behaviors.

Another group of people that would get to experience is the group of people who are always rude. We all have experienced a group of rude people at some point of our lifes. You would see it the places that you go too an example, BaySide Market Place, or the shopping stores in downtown. Some of the groups of people donâ??t know the meaning of having tact in a large crowd. They like being rude to other people without having a reason. Many people have experienced that to a point that as person you would be treat them the same way as well. You treat people how they treat you back and thatâ??s something that you see in everyday life. In doing this assignment I got experiences different things. Sociology is basically used as an everyday life.

She?s been going to city college for 5 years. Her major is English and she wants to be an English teacher!

Any thoughts?

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

An English teacher??? Uh...no...

I would not let anyone who wrote like that teach my child. I've requested that my child change teachers after hearing ONE instance of bad grammar from the teacher or ONE misspelled word on a note home....

TB

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I suggest a change in her major.

• jgnat
    jgnat

AAAAAH! Five years, you say? How can that be? I think I sniff the end of civilization as we know it. Now where is my red pen.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit