OMG. I Don't Think That Anyone Here Has Seen One This Big Before.

by Englishman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

hehe! My boyfriend worked on those for 14 years, in the engine department on various container ships. He says one of these days he'll take me aboard and show one to me, that would be fun!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Each cylinder displaces 111,143 cubic inches (1820 liters) and produces 7780 horsepower.

Big deal. AMERICAN AA Fuel Dragsters produce 6,000 horsepower and only displace about 500 cubic inches. You can put a hundred of them into the space that behemoth occupies.

Farkel

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Big deal. AMERICAN AA Fuel Dragsters produce 6,000 horsepower and only displace about 500 cubic inches. You can put a hundred of them into the space that behemoth occupies.

Thjere's no comparison. The big engine is only revolving at 102 rpm, whereas dragsters have any rpm of many thousands which they can only maintain for a few seconds. The big engine will turn for months at a time and deliver it's power smoothly and strongly too.

Englishman.

• toreador
    toreador

I wonder what the fuel consumption comparison is between Dragsters and that behemoth? Anybody know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit