Reasons Why We LOVE This Place

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I love this place. I really do! Where else can you find fun, friends, research and the "pulse" of JWs and exes? When we come on board here, we realize that we all share different things that expose us to why we're out or in the process of getting out. This place continues to evolve for the better!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I need a place to talk! Sometimes, people even listen. Is it just me, or do we have a lot of funny people here? Funny HAHA not funny WEIRD I mean, or maybe I mean both. My friend mentioned that there are few discussion boards on the web where religion and philosophy can be discussed with a bit of intelligence. I think that alone makes this a unique place.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hi minimus-------I love to come to this place and mostly lurk because even though I've been out of this cult for well over 30 years, it's left emotional scars that while covered over, will never fully heal. I find it sort of therapeutic to read about stories of people just like me that grew up in this cult and shared the same childhood experiences that I did. It's kinda fun to read about someones experiences and say, hey, that's what I was feeling when I was sitting in class all alone and I could hear all the other kids in class singing and laughing as they sang Christmas songs in the cafeteria, preparing for the X-Mas recital for their parents. You know, stuff like that.

-fin

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This place continues to evolve for the better!!!

Yeah, but when I look back over the last 11 3/4 months of my life, I realize that I would have gotten a heck of a lot more done had I not been a poster here.On the upside I do think I've made advances in my healing though. Yes, I have changed a lot and drawn strength from everyone of you, even the cranky ones.

I hope that I have helped people with some of my posts here. My goal in life is to help more than hurt.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ditto and AMEN Brother Minimus Thumbs Up

HappyDad

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All hail Lord Simon... Fixer of household appliances!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Where else is there to go?

• Confucious
    Confucious

Min,

I have to agree.

This is a nice place.

I remember an elder telling me...

"Did you ever notice that ex JW always hang out with each other."

And BOTH of our responses was like...

"Yeah, because they know it's the truth and they are wallowing in their misery."

And I believe that. THEN.

But do me, this place is sort of like a AA group or an Incest Survivor's Group.

Sure, they are some heated debates here. But all in all. It's a place to come here and be real.

Con

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOLOLOL Ozziepost, you brat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit