The Roots of Pastor Russell's Teachings

by Kenneson 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Video excerpts from History Channel presentation on apocalyptic groups http://www.dannyhaszard.com/cultvideos.htm See and hear for yourself the highly credible History Channel say; the Jehovah's Witnesses are a' spin-off of the William Miller movement'. Doctrines of demons from the get-go. Truly shocking!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Recieved this via email today.

I finally found an article that says that Russell belonged to the masons. This article totally backs up what I was trying to say. It says ?Lady Queenboroush?s book on occult theocracy pg. 737 records Russell?s Masonic membership, published 1933. The whole article is good. See what you think and ?go get em?! http://www.letusreason.org/JW16.htm

Your friend xxxxxx

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Danny,

If you or anyone has a copy of Lady Queenborough's book, I would love to see the quote in full. What evidence does she have that no one else has? Is it in his sermon "Temple of God?" Or exactly what is it that connects him to Masonry? Does she record the name and number of the lodge he attended? If the latter, than I would say she has found something no one else has and something that could be verified.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Negative on request at the moment,my associate is doing research i will try to get back.

I only posted as item of interest.The roots of the Watchtower are rotten to the core.They are still a flash in the pan spinoff of the William Miller movement.

• RR
    RR

LOL ... oh, because someone in 1933 wrote that Russell was a mason it MUSt be a fact? c'mon Dan, so many have written that and not a shred of evidence.

RR

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR is correct. There is no solid evidence that Russell was a Mason. In one speech I recall he referred to himself as a Mason, but considering the context it is no different than former US President John F. Kennedy saying in German that he was a Berliner. To put it another way, both were inferring that they agreed with the ideas/principals of the Masons/Berliners. One doesn't have to be a member to do that.

It is worth noting that not ONE of Russells "original" and unique teachings are taught by the modern WTS. His "no hellfire" and "no trinity" doctrines are not unique to the religion. His teachings on 1914 were not at all like the current WTS views on the subject. His teachings on the "Great Company" (Great Crowd) CLASS are totally different from what is taught today.

Fred Franz tried a number of times to resurrect Russell's "Mystery" doctrine, but never succeeded, although he hinted at it in one of his phantasmagoric books on Revelation.

Farkel

• RR
    RR

Interestingly Farkel, if the Society has not officially chnaged this doctrine, then they technically still teach it.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit