See my life through my eyes

by ballistic 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Wouldnt it be a strange thing if you could see someone elses life through your own eyes for a couple of hours. Not just a different life but seeing how other people experience life. Apparently, we all wire our brains up differently when growing. If you were in someone elses mind, I guess it would feel like being an alien. Maybe something will be invented that lets us do it. What do you rekon? I guess there would be deep implications for war and peace also.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I guess there would be deep implications for war and peace also.

ABSOLUTELY --- Just imagine a Palestinian being able to see through an Israelis eyes for a a few hours -and vice versa. Democrats -Republicans - UK Tories/Labor --- Bin Laden -George Bush

• Xena
    Xena

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, eh?

Ever watch that show "Quantum Leap"? Certainly would give you a bit of insight into other people's situations....maybe make you less likely to judge them...

• Mac
    Mac

Hell...sometimes I can't see life through my own damn eyes......Murine anyone?

mac

• ballistic
    ballistic

An amazing thought might be "YOU, YES YOU COULD BE WRONG", even though you have left behind a cult....

You can still be wrong.

• alias
    alias
    Wouldnt it be a strange thing if you could see someone elses life through your own eyes for a couple of hours.

ballistic,

An amazing thing, indeed. It's easy to forget that everyone's story is unique. This reminds me of the importance of practicing empathy... plus, you can gain so much from the experiences of others without having to spend another lifetime living it yourself.

alias

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I have often pondered if colors seem the same to everyone. Like, what I call red, is it the same "red" to everybody? Or if the brainwaves that I call "red" were pumped into somebody else's brain, would they be saying, "Why are these apples blue?"

Does that make any sense?

CZAR

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here are instructions on how to have sex, and see it from the partner's eyes http://www.hackcanada.com/homegrown/wetware/phuckme/index.html

Ooooh, those canadians.

S

• Carmel
    Carmel

It's an imperitive to becoming intolerant. Unless and until we can "empathize" we will never "love our neighbor" as ourselves..

carmel

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've often wished that I could experience a woman's mind, if just for a brief time, just so I could understand them better. And I don't mean that to be insulting, I think it would be very enlightening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit