Revelation Book

by oscar 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oscar
    oscar

What does everybody think of the revelation book it is the red one,I am breezing thru it at the moment I can't believe how deep it is and thier explanation for each scripture.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Oscar.

I can't believe how deep it is and thier explanation for each scripture.

How do you like the way they apply this over 2000 year old writing to THEIR OWN history? Trumpet blast, scorpion stings, jesus riding on his white stallion, bowls being poured out, ALL represents the Jehovah's Witness religion and their history. Imagine!

Gumby

• oscar
    oscar

I know Gumby it is amazing how they tie in the history of the org. into all the symbolics that are in revelation I can't see how anyone can honestly believe these explanations.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... total BS. Anyone can take a symbolic writing and find ways to apply the cryptic verses to their own history.

What would impress me would be if they could do this in reverse... write a detailed history of things to come!

Oops! They can't do that!

• gumby
    gumby
    I can't see how anyone can honestly believe these explanations

To be honest....I doubt most witnesses really believe it. What they DO believe is that war, holidays, false doctrine, taught by the witnesses is correct........which makes it possible to swallow the explanations they give concerning the book of Revelation. People see the WTBTS as having enough truth in it, to go along with it even if some of what they teach sounds strange.

Gumby

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I still can't picture why we have to study these books. They are hard as hell. You can't keep up with it.

EVERYTHING is about the society. Revisions were handed out as we were studying it for the 3rd time.

Technically we have books in the literature room ready to give out, but without the revisions?

I guess it doesn't matter if the householder get old light!

• Jez
    Jez

My nonJW husband loves to read, so took the Revelation book out of my dusty bookcase one day and read it. All I heard from him for a few days was tsk's, HUH, Wha? Fist pounding and some other negative words. At the end of it, he said that it was the society stuffing their beliefs into someone's drug induced dream. With enough twisting and fantasy, those words of revelation can be interpreted to mean virtually ANYTHING.

He really thinks that John was smoking or popping something that made him hallucinate. It could be.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Unlike the Society's view of smoking our forefather Abraham most likely smoked the hookah

Tobacco and smokes been around for thousands of years

• Mulan
    Mulan

Back in '95, when we wre beginning our fade, they were going to study it again in bookstudy. We went through it and marked all the things they didn't teach anymore.

So..............they were going to study a book that had many many pages that were passe. How dumb is that?

I think it's out of print now.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

You guys gotta check out all the JW stuff on EBAY. They have old literature and tracts galore. It is so weird! Many auctions are by private ID. One person is selling a Revelation/Creation book combo! No reserve!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit