Lao Tzu.......a modern translation.........

by Sunnygal41 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

JT,

I don't speak with expereince but I think this surrender is not something we do easily,,and that the ego will cause us to put up a fight,,I think if we keep asking our selves: "what really are we"? We disarm the ego,, in that the mind sees the obsurdity of all its concepts in answering that very important question,,and when it clearly sees how fooled it was that it weakens its over tight grip caused by the concept we call ego.

It is this seperation that causes pain because we think we are a seperate "me" and so this me feels pain and starts owning feelings, events and thoughts. At least that is the way i conceptualize it not really haveing ffirst hand experience.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Sorry, this thread got neglected and all your wonderful answers.........yes, JT, I have been in that place of fear many times..............I find it sooo difficult to balance what I know in my soul with what my physical presence demands of me on the earth plane...........

Terri

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

You know it's funny, as someone who has Chinese as his first language often when I hear mention about Lao Tzu or the Tao Te Ching, which of course comes from a book from the East, it is rather regarded as objects. Lao Tzu is regarded as a name, when in fact it just means "old fellow." The Tao is basically "the way", even capitalizing 'Way' in the typical way indicates something quite different in consciousness when you use the English language .. in such a way.

The interesting thing is you won't hear a kind of dramatic portrayal of an inner journey in this book, which of course implies some personal drama - rather there is just this mellow 'suchness' conveyed. I'm sure those of you who have read it have experienced moments of stillness that reflects this. The thing is ego death is really just the recognition that there was never such a thing in the first place, much like the anonymous name of this old fellow and something that is just called the way. And that's just the way it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit