10 year anniversary

by Mystery 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mystery
    Mystery

I just wanted to "announce it to.... everyone".

10 years ago today Greg married me and my two boys.

It is still hard to believe that someone loves me for me. Reasons stemming from very low self-esteem from JW days and 1 st husband days.

Greg has stood back and let me fall; put out his hand and helped me back up again and again.

He has held me while I ranted and raved about my family, my x, my sons, JW?s, feeling unworthy of love from anyone.

He has taught me to sit down and somewhat relax. (he is still working on the ?lets just do nothing? thing) it is sorta hard for me to ?do nothing?.

I am not saying he is perfect? but he is perfect for me.

My sons gave him their anniversary present last night; I told them that today was ours and that they had to stay with friends tonight. Greg told them that if they came home if would not be our fault if they walked in and we were running thru the house butt naked. They told him that they could have lived without that visual image. : )

Their anniversary present to him was:

MY DAD

Not from your body -

your heart gave birth.

I was your child -

you gave me worth

Not of your flesh -

no less your own.

You taught me love -

see how its grown.

I, Ryan ?, would like you, Greg ?, to know that you are my Dad regardless of my last name. Good times and bad time you have been there for me. I know I am a lot of trouble at times; but you haven?t given up on me. In my heart, in my soul, and in my mind you are my ?daddy?.

_____________ ______________________________

September 17, 2004 Ryan ?

I, Colin ?, would like you, Greg ?, to know that you are my Dad and whether anyone likes it or not, one way or another my last name is going to become ?.. You have loved me and hugged me and treated me as if I am part of you. I am. In my heart and in my mind and in my soul you are the person that I only think of when someone says ?Dad?. I already have your middle name; soon I will have your last.

______________________ ___________________________________

September 17, 2004 Colin ?

This is one of those things that doesn?t really matter if there is a response. I simply want to shout it from the roof tops ?I am finally truly happy? and most of it is due to a man that simply loves me for who I am. My many faults and all.

I love you Greg.

Deborah

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Beautiful
    I'm fillin' up!

LT, "softy at heart" class.

• gumby
    gumby
    It is still hard to believe that someone loves me for me.

Greg has stood back and let me fall; put out his hand and helped me back up again and again.

He has held me while I ranted and raved about my family, my x, my sons, JW?s, feeling unworthy of love from anyone.

He has taught me to sit down and somewhat relax. (he is still working on the ?lets just do nothing? thing) it is sorta hard for me to ?do nothing?.

I am not saying he is perfect? but he is perfect for me.

*starts breaking down and joining LT in crying together*

That was a beautiful post.

Gumby

• morty
    morty

(((((((((Mystery))))))))

I am sooo happy for you and your boys.....What a great feeling eh?

I can relate as well...I have 2 boys that have been blessed as well by an outsider...My husband treats them better then he would have treated his own I think...

There are good men out there, and I believe sometimes men get a bad rap for all the evil ones.....

Yell it off the roof top girlie

You have everything to be happy about....

Morty of the bawling my eyes out class....

• Xena
    Xena

I'm really happy for you. Congradulations on the 10 years and on finding someone so right for you to share your life with.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

This is absolutly wonderful...................

My heart is pounding with joy and eyes are teary. I just love stuff like this.

God bless you and your family.

HappyDad

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Oh, that was really lovely! I am so happy for you and those boys!

Reading that made me get all choked up and teary....

Bethany

• Mystery
    Mystery

He got me a hamock.

We have been laying in it for a couple of hours just relaxing, napping and reading.

I couldn't have ask for a better anniversary if it had been actually planned.

Thank you for your comments.

The steak and shrimp on the grill are almost done.

Good night.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

That is truly precious. What a wonderful present for your husband and you.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I am going to have a drink in your honour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit