How many times....................?

by vitty 10 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

...............do you come on this site and how many hours do you spend here?

I joined this forum not so long ago, and I know I spend too much time here and other sites, but at the moment its been a real life saver and i`m sure as time goes on it will become less and less, or will it?

I feel really guilty, spending so much time here when I should be doing other things (housework!!!) Its the first thing I do when I come in the house, switch on the computer, put the kettle on

So please tell me Am I hooked, am I doomed forever on this site???????????

• Annanias
    Annanias

Yes.

• Mac
    Mac

Yeppers...yer screwed!

mac

• heathen
    heathen

vittvin--- It sounds like it's too late for you . There are much worse places on the web and worse addictions in life, beeing doomed to this site is not the worse thing that could happen to you . It does get addictive tho especially if you have had experience with religious freaks and dooms day soothe sayers. My time here I think has been well spent for the most part . By God I've even met more women than if I shut the pc down .

• Nat-Oz
    Nat-Oz

I generally try to spend my 8 hour day at work in and out of here!

It keeps me sane!

• core
    core

...some people seem to live her, others come on holiday here, others pop in for a cup of tea, .........as time goes by you may find that the more you see, the more you understand, means your need for greater understanding grows so you could be doomed to spend the rest of your life here like so many others!

Hope all goes well for your future.........

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

vittvin

When we first begin to explore the world outside the WTS we realize we are starved for mental stimulation - food that really satifies us vs the starvation rations the WTS doles out.

Some people wind up binging on all the information they can get their hands on.For the first times in years (and for some in their lives) they can speak freely and know someone here will understand and not condemn them. It really is a banquet of information for the mind.

Others find it so overwhelming they can only take it in small doses at a time. So they nibble and go away and come back when they find they need more.

I think our minds know what we need and it seeks it out. And when it finds it it is very hard to stay away. But in time many people do move on. Or their reasons for being here change. In the beginning they are trying to fill themselves up. Later on they may just drop in for tea and some stay because of the friendships they make. And yup there's folks like me who just hang out - (full blown addiction)

For now just read and learn. Find out all you can from this site and any others where you can get the information you need so you can move on with your life in a way that feels good for you and without the WT induced guilt that so many people have after trying to leave the org

• larc
    larc

Well, I have been out longer than many of you have lived. I am 63, and left 40 years ago. I came here it contribute and read other people's stories. Over the years, there where times when I did not give a thought to the religion. There were other times when I had to think about it, since my sister and my wife's sister are still active members. I come here for another reason. If the subject of the JWs comes up in ordinary conversation, it will last about 5 minutes. Here, I can discuss the subject at length, as can others.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Larc,

I noticed 7777 post. Is this a magical number like 666?

Ken P.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i read scandals thread daily..

if i'm bored i'll flip thru other posts (i'm frequently bored)

but i'm not addicted.. i just have 5 message boards i'm active at..thats not addiction thats variety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit