Why doen't any religion use the true english name of jesus?

by meggidon555 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

I am still on the inside but waking up

One day I was doing research on the man I supossed to imatate and I found out that jesus is actualy greek

makes sence christian greek scriptures but i found his hebrew name yehushua then I found his

hebrew to english name joshua. why no religion found this out beets me

but does john 17:3 ring a bell

also why a first century hebrew capenter who spoke out against hellenized jews (saducees) would decide to use his hellenized name beats the hell out of me

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi Meggidon,

You've said it: the whole New Testament is Greek literature. Not Hebrew literature translated into Greek.

Ièsous is the usual Greek equivalent of Yehoshua`, which is also used for the OT Joshua character in the Greek Bible (both the Septuagint, which was the translation used by Greek-speaking Judaism, and the Christian NT).

There is always a problem when Christians want to find their supposed "Hebrew roots": Christianity as we know it (from the NT on) is Greek from the very beginning.

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

Yeah I think that jesus was basicly created by the romanized followers

why do you think that he was born roughly the same time the roman empire was founded

all the historical evidence to the true joshua say he was born and died a hundred and ten year before the founding of roman

and that he was probally killed by hellenized jews. they stoned him and then hung him on a tree.

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

part two the christ

why has no english bible to date bothered to translate christ to english

it means the same as messiah but in clear english it means apointed king

make sence why he would tell people to not say he was the king who was gonna take over this dump

• City Fan
    City Fan
    all the historical evidence to the true joshua say he was born and died a hundred and ten year before the founding of roman

Meggidon, have you any references or on-line weblinks to these dates?

Thanks,

CF.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Welcome meggidon!

Although I knew this I never thought about it's significance. Maybe next time I give a prayer at the hall, I'll end it with: "through your Son, Joshua" and see what happens.

What's wrong with that afterall...

*** w84 9/15 p. 27 Let Joshua Help You Serve Jehovah Courageously! ***

"IN THE world you are having tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world." You may recognize that those words were uttered by the man named Jesus. However, if you spoke Hebrew, the name Joshua might come to mind, for Jesus is a Greek form of the Hebrew name Joshua.?John 16:33.

• Celia
    Celia

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Celia:

that his wife and children left Palestine and took refuge in the South of France....

And perhaps we are his great-great-great-grandchildren...

Megiddon:

About Christos we have a similar linguistic problem: yes, it means anointed (king or priest). Yet this reference to the Israelite practice of anointing kings or priests was hardly meaningful or understandable from a Greek point of view. So the term is mostly used as another proper name in the N.T. (a name which incidentally sounded nice, as it was almost a homonym of the adjective chrestos, "kind, gentle"). There are a few allusions to a kingly, priestly, or spiritual (2 Corinthians; 1 John) anointment, but those are the exceptions which confirm the rule...

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

look on wikipedia.com or just type the names below in a search engine

yehoshua

yeshua

jeshu

this site is an example of what you will findhttp://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/890/history.html

just put the pieces to gether

• meggidon555
    meggidon555

celia your post say a lot

about the way I felt when I found the truth

( I mean this truth not the truth, I mean the org what ever )

wisemen blindmen ryhmes

asuming your post was blank i can't see it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit