Jehovah reconsiders....

by freemindfade 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Anyone read Exodus 32 lately??? I consider the bible a work of fiction, and I consider the OT to be barbaric and the underlying theme for everything wrong with religion from JW to Radical Islam. It's filled with man made analog thinking that people attribute to an all intelligent creature. This is so stupid. I find verse 14 very interesting, after the people start worshipping their gold calf, god tells moses, ok that's it, I am going to EXTERMINATE them, and start over with you. So moses starts talking sense into Yaweh... I kid you not... then here is the interesting part (Exodus 32:14)

So Jehovah began to reconsider the calamity that he had spoken of bringing on his people.

Now one way to the other the most intelligent entity in the universe was wrong. If not before for considering it, then after for not destroying the people he just f$#ked over the Egyptians for. So he did all that to be like screw it, kill em all, lets start over AGAIN. If verse 14 doesn't wake people minds up to how silly this all is I don't know what else can. 

The reset of Exodus 32 just gets worse btw, 

28 The Levites did what Moses said. So about 3,000 men were killed on that day. 29 Then Moses said: “Set yourselves apart* for Jehovah today, for each of you has gone against his own son and his own brother; today he will give you a blessing.”

Benevolent loving god? or jealous bloodthirsty monster? 

And if moses could talk God out of committing complete genocide against his own people, couldn't elders negotiate with God and talk someone out of being DF'd? lol, maybe god would be embarrassed he got so mad and "RECONSIDER".

Stupid

FMF

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Yahweh is a paranoic god, who deceived many of his prophets. Ezekiel had to publish many false prophecies though Yahweh ordered him to proclaim them. Note what the Jewish Ecyclopedia admitted:

In xxvi.-xxviii. Ezekiel had positively prophesied the capture and destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar, but after thirteen years of fruitless labor the latter had to raise the siege and to arrange terms of peace with the city. Thereupon, in the above-mentioned passage, Ezekiel promises Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar as an indemnity. Here, then, is an oracle the non-fulfilment, of which the prophet himself is destined to see. Yet he does not venture to change or to expunge it. Incidentally it may be stated that the transmission of oracles of which the prophets themselves were doomed to see the non-fulfilment is the strongest proof that they regarded these as messages for which they were not personally responsible, and which, consequently, they did not venture to change; they regarded them as God's word, the responsibility for the non-fulfilment of which rested with God, not with themselves. In view of these facts it must be assumed that although Ezekiel completed his book in 572, he availed himself of earlier writings, which he allowed to remain practically unchanged. (JewishEncyclopedia, Ezekiel , book of)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Biblical description--blood thirsty, vengeful, barbaric, jealous, childish, sexually depraved, tribal god=jehober!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Aint it crazy??? Hey bro....you just killed your pa, bro, kids, and nephews, so now gods happy....get your blessing now.  Um i just killed all real blessings......all thats left is material stuff.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

hmm, I wonder if anyone has dug up 3000 sets of bones in that area where this supposedly happened.

Yes, lets talk sense in to that jehovah, hes too emotional when the kids get out of hand, we wouldnt want him to have any regrets.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    @sowhatnow, they haven't because there is no evidence of that many people moving through the desert period. The exodus story would have left some evidence, there is none.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

exactly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit