DIVIDENDS

by Yerusalyim 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Does anyone have info on stock dividends paid to shareholders of the various corporations of the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society? Next question, how much stock do GB memebers have. What happened to Ray Franz's stock, or did he own any? Did my new signature come out as I had hoped, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? The world may never know!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity, it's my favorite sin."
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

And the world may never know about WTBTS stock dividends too.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

still looking for an answer, ANYONE? (Other than Darth Fred that is)

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'll try this one more time before I give up.

ANYONE, can you at least POINT me in the right direction?

YERUSALYIM

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Yeru:

The following note appears on the balance sheet of the WB&TS of Pennsylvania (1998 year) (bolding mine):

I, L.A. Swingle, Secretary and Treasurer, of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, a nonprofit corporation, hereby certify that the foregoing is the Balance Sheet of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society as of the end of the Society's last fiscal year, August 31, 1998; that Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a nonprofit corporation, pays no dividends and none of the assets of the Society will be paid by way of dividends.

Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the New York corporation's financials as yet, but I suspect that the treatment is the same. American corporate disclosure is notoriously minimal, and the chances of legally finding the exact share ownership of the various corporations is not good. Enquiries continue, however.

Expatbrit

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK thanks,

Sure would like to know what they're REALLY doing with all that money then.

YERUSALYIM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit