RADIO foretold by prophets!!!

by Quotes 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quotes
    Quotes

Here you have it: Jehovah's prophets foretold radio centuries ago! (I wonder which scripture? perhaps "tell-a-vision to no man"????).

The following is from an article entitled "Fighting the Radio" which deals with WTB&TS losing broadcast licenses for its four stations in Canada.

=========================
    *** Watchtower, 1928 May 15, P158 ***

The Bible Students and their friends should in no wise [sic] be discouraged. This is exactly what we might expect from any part of the Satanic organization. Let every one keep in mind that the radio belongs to Jehovah. He foretold it thourgh his prophets centuries ago. He has brogought it to light just in time to make proclamation of the Truth. The greatest hook-up of broadcasting a message that has been had on hearth was that of a message of the Lord's kingdom. This of course has greatly enraged the Beast.
    ============================

• kls
    kls

They probably said the same thing when the first Bic Pen came out.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I remember one time (Luke 5) when Jesus made the "net work" even though it was overloaded at the time. They were able to signal another boat.* (see footnote)

Daniel 4:17 mentioned something about using copper to make use of its "band width".

Eccl 11:1 speaks of a "broad cast" over the waters, or maybe it was "bread cast". At any rate, I'm sure a "short wave" would have been involved.

But seriously...

In all probability, it included a mixture of ideas from Daniel 12:4 about "roving to and fro" and "knowledge". But specifically, I believe it was Job:38:34,35, if I recall correctly.

34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?
    35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are?

Russell (and therefore Woodworth and Rutherford) kept an interest in new technologies, because he believed that many practical inventions were going to become useful for creating a new Millenial order in the earthly paradise. Even miracle wheat piqued his interest, Russell says, because such discoveries and new technologies for harvesting, travel, and communication would facilitate caring for an increased population of 20,000,000,000 or so people on the earth, after the resurrection. Some of their speculations got to be a bit bizarre, like this bit from the Golden Age [quoted from websites]:

"Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes... etc., may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device.

"Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up. ... No danger of falling down stairs then." - Golden Age, March 24, 1926, p. 404.

Giving prophesied status to radio might have helped sales of Watchtower sponsored products. The Golden Age used to advertise a radio device for quack medicine. Not to be confused with the previously advertised "Radio-Solar Pad" also a quack device advertised in the Golden Age. That pad, used by Rutherford, was named after radium, which, some speculate, may even be tied to Rutherford's colon/rectal cancer. Radio was a popular "marketing" buzzword at the time.)

The Electronic Radio Biola

I HAVE named this new discovery, which I believe will be epochal in the history of the treatment of disease, and which I am exclusively announcing in THE GOLDEN AGE prior to its general publication elsewhere, The Electronic Radio Biola, which means life renewed by radio waves or electrons. The Biola automatically diagnoses and treats diseases by the use of the electronic vibrations. The diagnosis is 100 percent correct, rendering better service in this respect than the most experienced diagnostician.... THE principle of operation of the Biola is the collection... of the disease vibrations.... the fluid containing the same waves or vibrations enters the body, meets the disease waves and destroys them.... This is a great step forward, marking the Biola as the most valuable treatment apparatus obtainable today, and well worthy of notice in the columns of a magazine like THE GOLDEN AGE... The Golden Age, April 22, 1925, p. 454. (Ad for the Electronic Radio Biola is on page 479.)

------Footnotes:

* Luke 5:5 You say and let down the nets." 6 When they had done this, they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break; 7 so they signaled to their partners in the other boat for them to come and help them. [I'm sure this could have been used for ship-to-shore]

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

off the top of my head . in the golden age they used the verse about the stones crying out. to prove that radio, with it's tubes made of different minerials etc. was a forfullment of this prophecy.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

her'e one about old radio and talks about the wt. www.oldradio.com/archives/prog/nbc.htm maybe someone can add more to this ? wturls... john

• Haereticus
    Haereticus
    with it's tubes made of different minerials etc.

The tubes at that time were missing modern barium oxide cathode and graphite anode. Those old vacuum tubes did consist of mainly metal and glass. Minerals were used in early detectors with "cat whisker" but not with tubes.

Mark

• abbagail
    abbagail

This is sooooo funny! Glad I stopped by to read it.

Re: the gravity-thing in the NWO, if WT would keep it simple stupids, and realize we will all 'be like angels' (four dimensional), we won't have to worry about falling down elevator shafts 'cuz we will be able to zip/zap/fly here or there! ;-)

I don't know about radio prophecies (but those above were LOL!) but I heard (from non-JW sources) that satellite-TV is prophesied by the scripture in Rev about the 'angel flying in midheaven with everlasting good news to declare' because (a) midheaven is where the satellites are placed in space; and (b) satellites are shaped like angels in that they have 'wings.'

/ag

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Just when I thought I've heard it all...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

*** it-1 p. 1060 Heaven ***

“Midheaven” and ‘extremities of heavens.’ The expression “midheaven” applies to the region within earth’s expanse of atmosphere where birds, such as the eagle, fly.

Really? I think satellites might be a tad higher than mid-heaven then.

Gonna research this a bit more.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

*** w66 2/1 p. 70 The Meaning of Christ’s Return ***

WHAT HIS RETURN ACCOMPLISHES

Bible evidence and the historical facts in fulfillment prove that in the year 1914 C.E. God’s due time arrived for his Son to begin ruling from his heavenly throne and that the cry was then heard in heaven: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ.” (Rev. 12:10) What would the exercise of Christ’s authority now mean? It meant that not only his loyal disciples on earth but all the nations would be “gathered before him” and would come in for survey, inspection and judgment. From his glorious throne in the heavens Christ has turned his attention toward all of them and he does not need to send out a satellite equipped with television cameras to do this. He thus accomplishes one of the purposes of his return, that of judging the nations and separating the people as “sheep” or “goats.” (Matt. 25:31-33) Not by angels alone but also by faithful Christian witnesses does he accomplish this, sending them into all the inhabited earth to announce the good news of his established kingdom.—Matt. 24:14.

"Christ does not need a satellite".............. but isn't that how the internet works, including jw.org?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit