Matthew 25:36-44

by myelaine 10 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

"But of that day and hour no one knows, no, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only, but as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him.

You are your house

The thief is death

Prepare your house to meet the Son of Man.

AMEN

love michelle

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

COME AND GET ME GOD.

Will it be hot where I am going?

• Dawn
    Dawn

That's one interpretation of the scripture - makes sense.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The thief is death? You do realize that the aphorism is here applied to the manner of the Son of Man's coming, don't you? Or do you think that the Son of Man is also death?

• seven006
    seven006

Well, let's see. 1) The flood story has been proven time and time again to be scientifically impossible according to the laws of physics that the religious story tellers of the time had absolutely no clue about. 2) The answer about the "proven" existence of meat eating dinosaurs that is impossible "not to believe in" before the flood myth was written also blows it out of the water so to speak. 3) The joke about the earth being completely covered in water and within a week it dries out, desalinates all the plants, instantly dries them out and makes them sprout leaves is beyond laughable. 4) Having eight people feed and clean the stalls of over 80 million animals for a year when it takes over 45 years just to load them on the imaginary boat also makes me chuckle. So, having the son of man do as they did, fits perfectly. It's all part of the biggest joke played on mankind and it's beyond absurd.

If you believe there is a god, and he created everything including the laws of physics that work not only here on earth, but in the entire universe, you call him a liar if you believe even the slightest bit of the flood story. If it is a myth, then anything referring to it as a fact, such as what you quoted, also is a myth. That is logic, physics, and intelligence speaking, Logic and scientific proof are not things needed to believe in myth as a psudo scientific, and historical fact. Just ask your local Hindu, Buddhist, Mormon, Scientologists, JW, Treckie, ete., etc., to prove that statement.

But of course, god can do anything, even fracture and completely contradict his own "never changing" creation of the heavens and earth to make a nice story. I guess god himself wasn't familiar with the "proven" laws of physics he supposedly created. As long as there are people to believe this line of story book fantasy, I guess the scammers will for ever have a mark to rip off and fill the offering plates.

Am I in my house, yep and it doesn't have a mote, dragon, or boogie man living underneath it.

Michelle, you seem like a sweet person. Do you really think this is the best place for you to do your preaching? There are a lot of intelligent and educated people here who have grown up and can understand the difference between religious mind control techniques based on old mythical camp fire stories and what science and archeology have proven to be absurd.

Why don't you try a fundamentalist Christian site, like Mikey in the Life Cereal commercial, they'll eat anything

Dave

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

... my bible says something about being sick and naked..?

• Farkel
    Farkel

myellaine,

: You are your house

: The thief is death

: Prepare your house to meet the Son of Man.

: AMEN

I always enjoy the "good news" of Christ from the true believers!

: love michelle

Love? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Youmustbejoking! Try "hate" and then look in the mirror.

Farkel

• Mary
    Mary

Michelle, your statement(s) made absolutely no sense and I'm not sure what you're trying to even say.....the scripture you're quoting is talking about The Second Coming of Christ........what does "you are your house" have to do with that?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Michelle, your statement(s) made absolutely no sense and I'm not sure what you're trying to even say

At this point, I'm beginning to believe that's her intention. Nobody who's capable of forming sentences and using a computer could actually be as stupid as myelaine appears to be. It can only be some sort of evil plan to exasperate and infuriate anyone who reads her nonsense.

• myelaine
    myelaine

leolaia,

I know the scripture is referring to the second coming of Christ. Scripture states that Christ gives life, no where does it say that he takes it like a thief would. This scripture says to prepare your house(your being) for the coming of the Son of Man. The only way to prepare for that is to have the life that is in Christ. You live "in Christ" you die in Christ. You live life without Christ, you have not prepared for the thief. And consequently the Son of Man.

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit