Evacuating in New Orleans...

by Bryan 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bryan
    Bryan

We just arrived last friday and now we are evacuating at 2 pm.

A crazy life we have.

Bryan

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

At least it's not boring! Hope you didn't just get everything unpacked.

Stay safe!!!

Love,

Nina

• kls
    kls

That really sucks and i hear there is a new Hurricane forming. Please stay safe.

• Special K
    Special K

Stay safe

SK

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Hey Bryan

What a nice welcome to New Orleans, eh?! If you are leaving -- the sooner the better. The interstate will be clogged to the max if you wait till the last minute. I'm sure you've already been warned - but the NO area can and does flood terribly - so better safe than sorry.

I am boarding up my windows today and leaving town this evening. I went to Home Depot in the East last night and they were completely sold out of 1/2 inch plywood and OSB board. I ended up getting some crappy panel board. I guess its better than nothing.

Be safe!

• Bryan
    Bryan

There should be no problem accept perhaps the traffic on the way out. We're going to Laffayette. I made reservations a couple of nights ago just incase we did have to leave. Searching today, no one in Evelyne's office can get a room. The news said yesterday that rooms were sold out for 100 miles.

It's a shame it has to hit someone.

Bryan

• Bryan
    Bryan

Take care Bubbamar!

Bryan

• Bryan
    Bryan

Hey!

This topic post was my 500th!

What does that mean, that I am running from Ivan the Terrable on my 500th post?

Bryan

• Alana
    Alana

I was thinking about you all on my way to work this morning, as I was listening to the news! And then I was wondering about my trip that I may be making down there in a month.....hope everything goes well and everyone on this board down there is safe! I don't want New Orleans to blow away......I want somewhere to visit next month!!! :-)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Will Lafayette be far enough inland? The winds are hitting 160-165 mph.

Stay safe, both of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit