Rooks.

by Englishman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I guess that the analogy between JW's and ex's being compared to rooks and crows is quite obvious.

However, can someone leave the dubs (rooks) and became crow-minded (cor!) without actually starting up another rookery in the cyber world and starting off the whole cycle all over again?

I vow never to belong to a rookery........how about you?

Englishman.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I have a typing impediment so can't even say wookewy, let alone belong to one!!!

Bull! ** Instigator of the "Welease Wodger" chant on the Life of Bwian! **

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Interesting group habits of Rooks. Sounds like JW's are "Rooked". Hmmm

We don't have Rooks nor Carion Crows here in the US. At least on the Pacific Coast. Carion Crows are a close relative of an Asian Crow, which is a close relative to the Hawaiian Crow, which is extremely endangered. Sad.

Your Carion Crow acts more like our larger Ravens in it's independent lifestyle. Here in Pac NW we have 2 races of crows - American Crow - spread across the US - looks alot like your Carion Crow, and the Pacific Crow, which is a little smaller and has a pointier beak and more irridescent plummage. I say races, because they will interbreed. Both usually hang out in small family groups, and are part of a larger extended group, or murder. The murder will get together whenever there is trouble, like a hawk or owl passing through, or in the spring and fall to reestablish their relationships and either mate, or prepare for winter. I've taught my family group to leave my cats alone!

I feed about 3 family groups now. Costco catfood is very good for them. In the 4 years I've been feeding, they have produced some very healthy offspring, one of which is now a family group leader. We have 5 regular fledglings feeding with us this year, and at least 4 others that have come by word of beak.

I'm learning to caw in several crow words. I know I've got it right when they respond. Amazing creatures.

-Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Corvin's name reminds me of a crow. The latin genis is Corvid. Suits him well!

{{{{ Corvin }}}}

-Brenda

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

THE CROWS HERE IN IDAHO CAN BE A PEST. THEY EAT THE CATS AND DOGS FOOD AND CRAP A LOT.

AT TIMES THEY ARE FUN TO WATCH. ONE OF THEM OR TWO WILL STALK THE CAT. STAYING A SAFE DISTANCE BEHIND.

IF THE CAT STOPS AND LOOKS THEY WILL STOP OR BACK UP BUT STAY ON THE GROUND AND START STALKING AS SOON AS THE CATS START WALKING.

ALL THE TIME CALLING OUT TO THE CAT. SOMETIMES THEY WILL DO THIS TO THE DOG ALSO.

THEY ARE PRETTY BRAVE FOR A BIRD.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit