Finally my baby has arrived!

by sunshineToo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

He was born on Aug.30 after 24 hours of labor. He was 7 lb 13oz., and 20 1/2 in. He lost 10 oz. in the first week, but since he's been eating a lot constantly, I'm sure he has gained some weight.

It was hard. I've been watching Discovery Channel about Child birth, but unless you actually experience it, you really don't have an idea. My labor was rather dangerous one. I could have been on Babies:Special Deliveries on Discovery Health Channel.

But everything went well. Thanks to those excellent staff members of the hospital. They were the best.

Now I'm trying to heal. I'm still feeling sore and uneasy. Ugh, how long am I going to feel this pain?

But everything else is going very well.

• minimus
    minimus

CONGRATS SUNSHINE!!!!!

• kls
    kls

Congratulations to you and welcome to you baby.,,,,,, I went through much of what you are talking about . When my first child was born i tore so bad it took 9 stitches to close them all. This was 30 years ago but the pain is oh so clear. I assume they gave you salve for the pain and to quicken healing. I don't know what they do these days but the body heals pretty quick.

The odd thing is that i had my last children at home and never tore and never needed to be cut. The Doc said home births are less stress full and the mother more relaxed, what ever it was it worked for me.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Kewl! I know what you mean about the pain dearie! Bill Cosby told me all about it. I can surely sympathize....

carmel

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Congratulations Sunshine !!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

CONGRATULATIONS, SUNSHINETOO!!!

Cheers!

Frannie B

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Congratulations Sunshine!! A nice healthy good sized baby boy! Wonderful!

I'm glad it went pretty well; sorry for the pain and difficulty though. Seems to be little way around it usually. I hope, and imagine that you will forget it all for the most part pretty soon. Seems that way for most, hopefully the same for you!

Good to have you back.

www.montcopa.org/ mcocy/New%20Baby.htm

• Mulan
    Mulan

Congratulations!

Six weeks, and you will be back to normal.

It takes that long for everything to shrink back to the original position, and for all the parts to heal.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Congrats! Sunshine and Baby!

X

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Congratulations Sunshine! Sounds like a very hard birth, but am glad that everything 'came out okay' -- was that vulgar to say? If it was, I am sorry! I am very happy for you. Like someone says, when they start sleeping through the night, it's a relief!

I remember the pain -- that's why I only have one.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit