Sept 1, 2004 WT lies their faces off again

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Flash
    Flash

...it really makes you wonder if they really do believe that they are God's "channel" hear on earth, or if they know that they're not but they don't give a damn.

They believe it and think they can do NO WRONG because of it!

Welcome wiegel

• wiegel
    wiegel

Thanks, JT and Flash, it is good to be here.

• Mary
    Mary

I just have to make another comment on this. Along with what Farkel said, they're deliberately playing a word-game here. Technically, the Witnesses did not support Hitler during WWII, and in all actuality, the average Witness never supported Hitler at all---it was "only" the President of the supposed Channel of God here on earth who tried supporting Hitler 5 years before the war started.

They also say that they've been wrongfully accused of "deliberately condoning serious wrong doings by fellow believers". Well, of course we all know that this is talking about the pedophile problem, so why the hell don't they just say it. Again, if you play with the words, they can make it all better. Technically, the elders are not saying "we fully support fellow Christians who molest little children"; but their actions after the fact speak for themselves. The very fact that they have refused to DF pedophiles, pressure victims not to contact the police and then DF them when they do, shows that they don't give a damn about the victims at all and are only concerned with the image of the Organization---not the people in it.

I'm sure that with this sort of reasoning, the Writing Committee can all give themselves a pat on the back for another well-written article.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Why don't they just... you know... change their tactics and reform? It'd be easier in the long run than trying maintain this charade which makes nobody happy.

I think the charade DOES make their 6 million readers happy. Nobody would buy their magazines if they openly admitted to their insanity. It has been shown over and over again that dubs don't want to know. If they wanted to know the truth they would do what we did and actually do some research.

Also: WELCOME Wiegle! (I don't know what your quote means???)

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hi; ok here and other lie on page 30-31 about dr richard l.thomas and his thoughts of the 144k and how they mis quote him http/www.johnakerberg.org/articles/biblical-prophecy/BP1100W3.htm hope some one can open that site, i can open it but can't link it. it clearlyu show dr. thomas believes the 144000 are only jews. and even goes so far as to call the jw's wrong. but the wt didn't print that in the sept 1 wt ... just another lie in the new wt john

• sf
  • Mary
    Mary

I've always felt that the 144,000 in Revelation is talking about literal Jews. I asked an elder once about it and he said it was referring to spiritual Jews. I said, "then why does it specifically name all the tribes of Israel?" He said it was symbolic. I said, "you can't have a literal number of symbolic Jews..........either it's a literal number of literal Jews or a symbolic number of symbolic Jews.

He asked me if I needed a threatening visit sheparding call to scare the living shit out of me readjust my thinking.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I've always felt that the 144,000 in Revelation is talking about literal Jews. I asked an elder once about it and he said it was referring to spiritual Jews. I said, "then why does it specifically name all the tribes of Israel?" He said it was symbolic. I said, "you can't have a literal number of symbolic Jews..........either it's a literal number of literal Jews or a symbolic number of symbolic Jews.
    lol. I know what you mean. I've gone through this same argument. They just don't get it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    For instance, in one country a news report falsely stated that the Witnesses supported Hilter's regime during World War II.

This quote reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit where President Carter had been exposed to radiation and grew to be a giant. In the press conference, the press secretary (played by Bill Murray) was asked if the President were 100 feet tall.

He responded, "That is utter nonsense. Where do you people make up these wild stories? Any story about the President being 100 feet tall is nothing but a lie."

Another reporter asked him if the President were 90 feet tall.

He responded, "No comment."

I wonder if the Society realizes how laughable their statements are.

• cruzanheart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit