Caffeine induced headaches

by Stefanie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Know your enemy and the pathophysiology.Caffeine is a powerful drug vets warn that there is enough caffeine in a chocolate bar to kill some dogs

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor it causes the capillaries in your brain to shrink.When you cease the drug the vessels expand and press on nerve endings,causing the headaches.

200 mg 12 oz is considered the adult dose limit we all drink WAY to much (I do).

Cut down gradually and switch to decaff. Coffee

Lots a luck I Love You Mug 2

• New Castles
    New Castles

I have two cups of coffee in the morning, if I dont I cant stand the headache all day....

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Stefanie, Danny and others are correct....you're suffering from "caffeine withdrawal"....to attempt to quit any caffeinated beverage "cold turkey" will give huge headaches. I discovered this for myself decades ago.....

You HAVE TO cut back over a week or so to quit completely....just delete a cup/bottle or can a day until you're down to one cup...then cut it by 1/4 each day till there's none. Try to do it about the same time each day (your body KNOWS what time the caffeine commences each day)

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit