What if...

by Lady Lee 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

there was a "brother" in some out-of-the-way congregation who had declared himself to be one of the anointed (or a "sister").

Through his or her personal study of the scriptures they came to realize the org was wrong on an important matter of doctrine? (excluded R Franz here since he was in Bethel - at least for the sake of this argument)

• Can he submit his understanding to the GB? Since he is one of the anointed would his submission be considered?
    • Would he be told he was "jumping ahead"?
    • Could he be DFed for apostasy?
    • What if after they DFed him they realized he was right?
    • Is there some rule that anointed ones around the world - even if they are sisters - cannot receive "new light"?

PS I think I know the answers but it is intriguing

• Terry
    Terry

I think this sort of thing was pretty much squealched in the mid seventies.

A new "understanding" was brewed in the pot.

The Faithful and Discreet Slave was only a small part of the anointed. The rest were the "Domestics" or household of faith (of the anointed) who are fed meat in due season by the other part of the group.

That is when it ultimately became necessary for the GB to tell us that the Bible wasn't written for the rank and file; but, only for THEM (them being the F&D slave).

No private interpretations are allowed! Closed shop! No help wanted!

Need not apply!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Terry

That is when it ultimately became necessary for the GB to tell us that the Bible wasn't written for the rank and file; but, only for THEM (them being the F&D slave).

Guess I really missed this one. Not even all the anointed - just a chosen few!!! Talk about egotism!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK that brings me to another question then.

David Splane was my DO at one point - living and working on Quebec, Canada. Definitely not one of the chosen few but was "anointed".

So if he had some particular insight before he was granted entry to the inner sanctum then it would have been dismissed because an elect group decided he was an outsider (even though later he got in). And if he had opened his mouth then he would have gotten the boot

Not saying that he ever did say anything - just what if...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS views the "Annointed" in a "double-light". I know an "Annointed Brother" who was DFed (later reinstated) and while he was DFed the elders would conduct little "Memorial" cerimonies with him and include him in the count that was published in the WT.

• Can he submit his understanding to the GB? Since he is one of the anointed would his submission be considered? Yes, it would be considered and then the service department would instruct the local elders to DF him for apostasy if he did not recant.
    • Would he be told he was "jumping ahead"? Yes
    • Could he be DFed for apostasy? Yes
    • What if after they DFed him they realized he was right? They would still consider him DFed until he begged the local elders for forgiveness and went through the usual humiliating reinstatement process.
    • Is there some rule that anointed ones around the world - even if they are sisters - cannot receive "new light"? No. But the only "new light" that counts is the "new light" received by the writing department.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Elsewhere

• What if after they DFed him they realized he was right? They would still consider him DFed until he begged the local elders for forgiveness and went through the usual humiliating reinstatement process.
    Would he still be considered one of the anointed? Or would he be reconsidered?
  • Who are they to decide who is and who isn't "anointed"?

• Odrade
    Odrade

I suspect it would depend upon how well-known and respected the person is. About 15-20 years ago an elder (who later came to be in my congregation) who was quite well-known, had some questions about doctrine. He wrote into the society asking them about it, along with providing the scriptural backup. They wrote him back and explained to him that this was how they understood things "at this time" and for him to "wait on Jehovah, brother." Which he did.

There were never any "talkings to" with him, and he wasn't ostracized. In fact, more than ever he was used by the D.O. and C.O. for assembly and convention parts. I know this personally to be true because I've read the letters myself. You all will have to take my word for it unless he ever gets out. LOL!

I have no idea what would have happened if he had been from some out of the way place where he was not known at all. But prominence does allow some latitude I guess.

O

• RR
    RR

This is exactly what Jim Penton did from Canada, and he got DF'd for it!

RR

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm not the only one who sees the lunacy here. Right????

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Lee, I've had first-hand experience with the answers to these questions....

• Can he submit his understanding to the GB? YES Since he is one of the anointed would his submission be considered? NO
    • Would he be told he was "jumping ahead"? YES
    • Could he be DFed for apostasy? YES, DEFINITELY
    • What if after they DFed him they realized he was right? WOULDN'T MATTER
    • Is there some rule that anointed ones around the world - even if they are sisters - cannot receive "new light"? YES.....IT'S ONE OF THOSE "UNWRITTEN" RULES.

Frannie B

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit