Is there any film footage of Russell or Rutherford?

by sleepy 11 Replies latest social family

• sleepy
    sleepy

Just wondering if there was any film footage of the oldy Governing Body type people such as Russell and Rutherford knocking about. It would be interesting to see what they looked like in action.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yes, there is. Go to freeminds.org. There is a delightful film of Russell giving a talk there.

Farkel

• RR
    RR

Russell wasn't part of the Govening Body, nor Rutherford, that was invention in 1970 or around there.

The only film footage of Russell is of the Photo Drama.

I understand that Rutherford travelled to Israel and Eqypt and made a film about the Restoration of Israel and the Great Pyramid. This was advertised in The Golden Age, however, I don't know of anyone who may have this footage. There is also footage of the Judge giving talks at convention in Cedar Point Ohio. I remember seing them when we had a special talk one Saturday by Br. Gangus.

RR

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember seeing the footage of Russell in the photo drama. Remember another line - "The First Christmas..."

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR,

Note the title of this thread: "Is there any film footage of Russell or Rutherford?"

No, I'm NOT picking on you!

Farkel

• RR
    RR

Farkel, I believe I answered the question, now it's up to whoever to find it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I happened to find it on a French site a few days ago:

http://ctrussell.free.fr/

- Click on "C.T. Russell (vidéo)" in the third column

• sleepy
    sleepy

Thanks for your help guys
    Cant get that French one to work on my Mac though.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Got to have Real Player or the like installed...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

R.R.

Russell didn't need a governing body. He was the top man; what he said, went. At first you will see names of various contributors to Zion's Watch Tower, but later, Russell spearheads it all. Most letters by readers of Zion's Watch Tower were addressed to Russell personally. If he had any consultants, we don't read about them. If Russell in 1915 dismissed Rutherford and others from Bethel, who had the power ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit