People Imitate the God that they Worship--Good vs. Evil

by Undaunted Danny 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

How do i define malicious lies? My favorite quote from the classic Clint Eastwood flick:Outlaw Josey Wales:"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Deut 21 says that if you cannot brainwash your children you need to have the city elders murder them... fortunately not many follow this law.

as to good vs evil, its all arbitrary and relative... what harms my goal is evil what supports them is good., same would be true for any god that exists, sane or insane...which one must wonder of any of humanities mythical god[s] exist.

if you make up some ideal human, you will likely find that no human will live up to it all the time unless that human is mythical and written to live up to all of it, as I believe Jesus was.

other than that....I accept that everyone is out for themselves on some level, even if they are not consciously aware of it. so I try to make all my dealings mutually beneficial, if I want something from you I will offer what I think its worth and allow room for haggling...and so on.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The Message (MSG) 1 Corinthians 13 {aka the 'love chapter'}

1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
    2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.
    3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.[So say's St.Paul the evangelist.]

Why the 'Godless' practice altruism.( aka brotherly love) [Romans 2 14] "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law," The above text is a Biblical description of the,"godless barbarians". What is this 'law unto themselves'?It's what anthropologist( scientist who study human culture) call the (4) four universal taboos.They are: (1) The 'doctrine of self preservation',simply put wanting to stay alive. (2)Need for food and shelter. (3) Sex drive (procreation) (4) Incest taboo( you don't procreate with your blood kin, messes up the gene pool). All humans have these pre-programed instincts.No matter who/what/where you may be, you instinctively "know better" not to do naughty stuff.. All lucid beings then,have a built in 'conscience' to know good from bad.EXCEPT: the psychopaths The Greatest Commandment : [ Matthew 22:34-40 34]Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these """ two""" commandments." The prehistoric 'caveman' had only FOUR rules in his life.Along comes Jesus Christ who say's there only only TWO rules in life. The Watchtower Borganization on the other hand has rules up the ass.... Hail Whitney Houstons debut # 1 song ca.1995 "The greatest love of all is to love yourself".Jesus Christ # 2 commandment "love your neighbor AS yourself".So,the Bible (which i acknowledge as a creed for millions) sez; "to love yourself" A healthy dose of self esteem is proper. ....Now,are we made in God's image,or did we make God in our image?

See this passage in NIV | NASB | MSG | AMP | NLT | KJV | NLV | ESV | CEV | NKJV | KJ21 | ASV | WE | YLT | DARBY | WYC | NIRV | NIV-UK |
    See this passage in Albanian | English | Français | Deutsch | Italiano | Latin | Norsk | Portugues | Español | Svenska | Tagalog | Arabic | Nederlands | Plautdietsch | Danish | Slovak | Polish | Russian | Romanian | Czech | Hungarian | Icelandic | Korean | Bulgarian | Chinese | Haitian | Maori | Ukrainian | Croatian | Greek | Swahili |

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Personally I haven't met anybody on the face of this earth who I trust 100% and that is sad

Yes, it is - that truly is the crime of jwism - it's such a dis-ease - to not even trust your own kind - your own kin.

I used to trust just about everybody (never having been a jw) - always giving the benefit of the doubt - then I met some jws, and, as it was said above, "I have come to the conclusion that evil must exist".

So then I trusted no one bar those in close circles - and no one at all with that neat whiteman look - I've come here to try and wipe some of the dust from my feet.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Dan

You may be onto something.

Romans 1:22

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

D Dog

• myelaine
    myelaine

"My feeling is that if there's a god, he made us agnostic and ambivalent and likes us that way, so we don't need to be saved. I'm sure he'd be bored to death if he only had true believers"

What a disheartening thing to hear someone say.

love michelle

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Yes, it is - that truly is the crime of jwism - it's such a dis-ease - to not even trust your own kind - your own kin.

I used to trust just about everybody (never having been a jw) - always giving the benefit of the doubt - then I met some jws, and, as it was said above, "I have come to the conclusion that evil must exist".

So then I trusted no one bar those in close circles - and no one at all with that neat whiteman look - I've come here to try and wipe some of the dust from my feet.

I think that is way to harsh on JWs. you cannot blame your being naive about human nature on them.... humans, by nature are liars, not because we want to be, but because it is a biological stradegy far older than humanity... deception in nature is everywhere and to a degree it works, its not something you can make JWs the fall guys for pointing it out...only they got it wrong. deception is no indication that evil is real, it is only a stradegy, it is not good nor evil until you compare it to some fantasy ideal which is not real, as they do.

Evil is a judgement of something apparently real compared to something imagined to be superior... but going by humanities track record, trusting imagination over reality is not wise.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

http://www.storyhunters.com/godandcon/archives/001317.html Click me.

Classic Case of Jehovah's Witnesses apologist using the: Deception Deflective Directive,skirting the issue with mealy-mouthing weasel words, and personal attacks. [..............If someone who dies for what they believe in is under mind control, does that make all our boys who have served in the army, etc. puppets who foolishly wasted their lives, if they die fighting for something they believe in?

Does this Silent lambs group go help all the children who are abused, whether JW, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Muslim, Atheist, whatever? Is a persons religous affiliation the problem, or is it their not putting it into practice? Judas was a christian wasn't he? ]]]

Knuckle Head

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit