Hi

by Logicandreason 17 Replies latest jw friends

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Welcome!!!!

The organization can be pretty insidious in that even if you weren't a JW, if someone close to you is/was, it will directly affect your life and can cause trauma.

I'm glad you found this place. It can be very helpful.

Bethany

• Logicandreason
    Logicandreason

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a theory on why the JW's are so against the cross. I believe that they do this to further distance themselves from other world religions. What they have done is eliminate the one symbol that emcompasses everything that Christianity in all of its forms stands for. And how can they say that Christ was impaled on a stake, when it is a historic fact that the Romans were notorious for crucifying their enemies. Didnt they crucify thousands of fugitive slaves along the Apien way? As the days go by, I am more and more convinced that there is something dreadfully devious about this organization. Thank you all for making me feel at home.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Welcome Jay!

• Logicandreason
    Logicandreason

Oh, by the way. Is there anyone here familiar with the KH in corona queens. That is the one my mother goes to. She is in the spanish congregation, or one of them, I think. I just wanna see if there is anyone I know here who has come to the same realizations as I have from that particular section of queens. Thanks alot.

Peace

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome Logicandreason! You made some very good points - thank you for pointing out some of the subtle effects of being raised around Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Logicandreason
    Logicandreason

My pleasure, theres a lot more where that came from.

• little1
    little1

Welcome.

"Dreadfully devious" sums it up nicely. The more I learn, the more appalled I am.

L1

• Logicandreason
    Logicandreason

they can be quite a scary bunch, of that I am absolutely sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit