All Religions Admit There Is No Afterlife!

by FMZ 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FMZ
    FMZ

OK, we know it will never happen, but I think this could be an interesting discussion...

What if this really happened? The lyrics to the song "Imagine" got me pondering on this...

Imagine there's no heaven,
    It's easy if you try,
    No hell below us,
    Above us only sky,
    Imagine all the people
    living for today...

Seriously, try to imagine it. Would it be a good thing or a bad thing? Would the amount of murders by fundamentalists and extremists be equalled by the Joe Schmoe public killing all the people they hate as they know there will be no retribution?

Just a thought... ya know?

FMZ

• Valis
    Valis

aliens are the answer...and BTW...

STFU!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Distritc Overbeer

• FMZ
    FMZ

Valis.

I you.

FMZ

• dh
    dh

I wonder how different the world would really be if there had never been any religion or hope for heaven or threat of hell... I think it would be very different to the way it is now, our whole mental development would have been different. I would like to see a world like that.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

If it isn't religion and the afterlife it would be something else. People imagine possible heaven or hell in other arenas of life like relationships, politics and what have you. The people who would go out and kill others for lack of divine retribution would be the ones suffering from the same thing, believing in their own twisted version of the world. I would suggest what would make a real difference is if people didn't do that, didn't reduce life and people to their seemingly secure but really narrow views, but relate to things as they are. Not so much living for today, but living in today - rather than a thought.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

So Zombie... does this mean that you've lost Jesus? Just wonderin'.

(Apologies if this is an overly flippant response; I'm genuinely curious.)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Religion is a clumsy control mechanism designed to direct our violent desires. We all want to kill other people, but our cultures need a way to direct it against other cultures instead of within itself.

Monkey tribes with bones, that's us.

CZAR

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hope (ie: afterlife) isn't the problem. The problem is people trying to control people. There is nothing wrong with a belief in God or religion - it's when the believers move past their own relationship with God and decide it must be enforced on everyone else.

Jesus said a person should first remove the timber from their own eye before trying to remove the sliver from their brothers. If people really focused on fixing themselves first they wouldn't have any time left to control/accuse/abuse others. Saddly - that is not the way it is - in JW land or any other religion.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I think if more people realized that this life was all that they'd ever have, they'd cherish it that much more.

• Preston
    Preston

I'm not much of a fan but....

... I think if more people paid attention to the lyrics of Imagine there would be fewer problems. If we really accepted the "what ifs" in the song by John Lennon, and didn't automatically assume that we'd have our way in the end, it would give us greater perspective...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit