Why Bad Beliefs Don't Die

by CPiolo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

i wanted to bring this back to the top- since the UN issue has come up

many are wondering what IMPACT will catching the wt in bed getting a little "Nokie" from the beast will have on the rank and file

and in my view VERY LITTLE - it will help some to decide , but no MASS EXODUS from the halls in the next few weeks

and this link shows why in my view

PROOF TEXT, TONS OF DOCUMENTED THINGS, REFERENCE MATERIAL, ETC

they mean very little to sister jones who wants to see her mom in the new order

james

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Excellent article..

Anyone want to take a wager with me on how long it will take the WTBTS to publish this in one of their Watchtowers explaining here is scientific evidence as to why it's soooo hard to show people the truth, be more persistent, and show more love and patience etc.. etc.. etc.. <G>..

• JT
    JT

wannahelp

great point

I can see them beating the friends over the head DO MORE DO MORE

SMILE

JAMES

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Bringing this back to the top of "active view" for those who might have missed it first time around.

Ginny

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

BTTT.

• freeman
    freeman

Great article! I can totally identify with this phenomenon. Sometime I want to take my wife’s head and twist it off because she will defend the Tower no matter what direct evidence is presented that they have done and are doing horrible things. It doesn’t matter how strong or well documented the evidence is, the Tower is always defended. It’s just so totally illogical to just blindly believe, but she does. And it’s so very hard for me to accept this. Sometimes I wish I could have the necessary areas of my brain removed so I could believe along with her again. God I hate this cult!

Freeman

• JT
    JT

it is a great article

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Fascinating article. And so true. What is that old saying, 'When the student is ready the teacher will come?' I read Crisis of Conscience 2 years ago, It took me a year and a half later to become inactive, what I read - a part of me couldn't comprehend and didn't want to. The possiblility that this wasn't the truth scared the s@#! out of me. Only when I was ready to face my doubts did I leave. I think most JWs don't want to know. - Victorian Sky

• Gadget
    Gadget

Bttt

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Yeah, it's been said that people don't change a course of action or a belief until they really "get" the prices they're paying for maintaining it, and then decide that it's not worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit