Hi everybody! ^^

by Epsilon 22 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Good idea about devleoping a book on how to answer the Reasoning book!!!

Codeblue

• Epsilon
    Epsilon

Oooh...replyness. Thank you, guys!

If I were to show up at my old kingdom hall all apostified after such a "promising " start...well, I have always wanted to see what a JW exorcism looks like.

"BEGONE, DEMONS!"

lol

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hi, Epsilon!

May I add my WELCOME, too?

Here are some sites you probably already know about but, if not, you might want to check them out:

quotes.watchtower.ca

www.freeminds.org

www.rickross.com/groups/witness.html

and you can find a few WT and Awake articles at the Society's official website: www.watchtower.org/library/

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

--Merry

• jgnat
    jgnat

Seattleniceguy and Epsilon, I want in on the Reasoning Response critique. Analysing material like that, and finding the holes, is a very good way to exercise our mental muscles.

What is the abbreviation for the Reasoning book? It might possibly be online at the Watchtower site. Some books are there already. Here is "What does God Require of Us?"

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/index.htm

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yes, a dead giveaway for manipulative language in Watchtower materials is the word "SHOULD". I now faithfully circle this word in all my study articles.

• Epsilon
    Epsilon

SHOULD! Gods, I hated should, cause should really means: "You'd better!"

If we do this Reasoning thing, where should we start? I've already began to raid my college's library for logic books.

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome to the board Epsom salt..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello, Epsilon!

jgnat -- the abbreviation for the Reasoning from the Scriptures book is rs.

outnfree

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well that hangs it, outnfree. The reasoning book is not on the watchtower site.

But...what was I thinking? I've got the hardcopy right in front of me. I think a hot topic that might be fun to pick apart is "Holidays".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is a nice counter argument to the whole "pagan holiday" thought:

http://www.cathinsight.com/apologetics/adventism/christmas.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit