Using Mozilla or Internet Explorer??

by Nicolas 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I would like to know how many here, are now using Mozilla or Firefox, the new alternative to the Microsoft Monopoly? I'm using Firefox and I really appreciate the function for tabbed browsing.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Firefox for me!

FF

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I would like to know how many here, are now using Mozilla or Firefox, the new alternative to the Microsoft Monopoly? I'm using Firefox and I really appreciate the function for tabbed browsing.

After having had several nasty viruses planted on my computer using IE and after having had to spend tons of hours deleting that crap from my registry I switched to Mozilla (Firefox) after reading rave reviews about it. I've never had a problem since. I still use IE because for some strange reason, I cannot get into chat here with Firefox. I get a blank screen when I try.

Firefox is MUCH faster than IE, too.

Farkel

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

We are switching the entire place of work to Firefox and Thunderbird. Much much better than Netscape 7.x and faster and safer than IE, but as chat here attests, not as compatable.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Firefox

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Firefox at home and work and no pop-ups since!!

• qwerty
    qwerty

I know this wasn't your question, but I use MyIE2 and or Slimbrowser.

• Simon
    Simon
    safer than IE

It's had plenty of security problems - they just don't get the same attention in the media and it isn't the target that IE is.

• dh
    dh

i have both, i prefer firefox, but i use IE more, the reason for this is that i like to only need to use one browser, i don't like to have to think about which one to use, and all of the secure sites i need to access are IE only, so i stick to IE, the only time i use firefox is if IE crashes and i can't be bothered to reboot at that moment, as is often the case during windows updates.

• Farkel
    Farkel

dh,

You look strangely like our late uncle Milty! Did you ever see the graphic where someone took that same picture and rigged it up with that face gear worn by the Borg from Star Trek TNG?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit